Tax Assistance In Missouri

2 Replies

I'm so excited to be closing on my first property on Monday the 23rd. I've acquired a 2 family in St. Louis, MO that i plan to hold for cash flow purposes. Since this is my first property, I'm looking for some local assistance to help with tax prep and business structuring as I begin my REI career. Any trusted local recommendations?

@Justin Terrill

Congrats on closing on a property tomorrow!

You likely want to work with a CPA to guide you through what is deductible as you go through the last month of the year.

This is a two-family - are you planning to house-hack this property because that does add to the tax complexities.

Justin, 

Are you open to working with your accountant remotely? I recommend finding an accountant who specializes in real estate taxation over one that is local. You may want to consider working with your accountant remotely to expand your options.

I would also recommend looking for a tax strategist who is willing to work with you throughout the year, not just when preparing your tax return. You want an accountant that can help you strategize and who is responsive when you want to know the tax consequences of the decisions you are making throughout the year.

Good luck and let me know if you have any questions.