• TriCities TN
Votes |
Cash Out Refinance and how to buy a duplex to house hack no w2

Tammi Bieniek
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • TriCities TN
Posted Apr 8 2021, 10:58

Hello, in 2017 I sold my small farm to travel the country in a RV for a few years.  With the farm money I bought 2 quads in TN for 125K each in TN.  Now I'm back and am doing hard money 5% 30 year fixed cash - out refinance on one of the quads for $105 or more since the appraisal came back higher than I originally thought. The appraisal came back at 210K each.   Due to a crappy PM the past few years I need to put in 10-15K each for repairs etc, and up the rents to market value.  The reason I wanted to get a loan.

I found a duplex that I would like to house hack. Asking is 95K. It just came back on the market after pending, because the buyers had a contingent on the inspection. So they backed out. I'm trying to find out what the report said. So, I would like to buy this, and turn the upstairs into a STR, the area does support this, its very touristy and I researched Airbnb, etc. On Deal Check very conservatively, I can expect to clear around $375 a month, after mortgage, expenses, etc.

So my question is how to buy this?  Do I get max cash out with my hard money loan to buy this cash?  I don't know what the repairs are yet. I will explore seller financing also.  It looks like I have a bit of leverage since it just fell out of contract.

Do I try to get a regular bank loan?  Ive always been self employed, so I don't make anything on my tax returns.  In fact I'm still negative from carry over from 2009, real estate crash, I think that drops this year.  

Please help and Thanks!!!

Loading replies...