Need practice analyzing rental properties

1 Reply

Howdy! So I got a couple days of free time ahead of me and would like to practice analyzing properties. I have a grasp on what different expenses are, but would like some guidance on how to properly estimate expenses for different areas, and where to even get the numbers for utilities, property taxes, etc.

I know of the BP calculators, but are there any others out there y’all would recommend?

Thanks

Originally posted by @Isaac Gwin :

Howdy! So I got a couple days of free time ahead of me and would like to practice analyzing properties. I have a grasp on what different expenses are, but would like some guidance on how to properly estimate expenses for different areas, and where to even get the numbers for utilities, property taxes, etc. 

I know of the BP calculators, but are there any others out there y’all would recommend?

Thanks

Go to Redfin.com and enter a zip code. Pick a property that is for sale and pretend you are buying it. A lot of the information you will need is provided in the listing and it will cause you to make a list of of questions so you can be specific about them.