• Evergreen, CO
Votes |
Home Title Theft and Synthetic Identities

Nate Marshall#1 Guru, Book, & Course Reviews Contributor
  • Financial Advisor
  • Evergreen, CO
Posted May 29 2022, 07:42

Just FYI,

Home Title Theft is real and easier than ever. Scammers are also able to create synthetic identities. They can create a fake birth certificate and get the Social Security Administration to issue a social security number for an infant. There are a few steps I won't mention but next they get a real state issued ID and open secured credit card accounts.

People should lookup Matthew Cox and Brett Johnson on You Tube and learn before you get burned. And yes I left a lot of things out. 

User Stats

Votes
Scott Mac
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
  • Austin, TX
Replied May 29 2022, 07:46

They get prison sentences too.

User Stats

Votes
Jay Hinrichs#1 All Forums Contributor
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Lake Oswego OR Summerlin, NV
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Lake Oswego OR Summerlin, NV
Replied May 29 2022, 08:32
Quote from @Scott Mac:

They get prison sentences too.

we just had one title company ate it but we are out some rehab.. keep in mind title insurance is only for the policy you buy not for any improvements. And yes there is a criminal case going and its fairly complicated as the LLC that had the property stolen from them is a defunct off shore cant find never to return LLC.. so looks like we will get our title insurance and we will quite title the houses as we have a vested interest in it .. and if all goes well we will end up with the home as well..  but not all these turn out rosy and of course it takes time legal fee's etc etc.
Rent To Retirement logo
Rent To Retirement
|
Sponsored
Turnkey Rentals 12+ States. SFR, MF & New Builds, High ROI! 5% down loan options. Access the BEST deals in the US in one place. Txt REI to 33777

User Stats

Votes
Lien Vuong
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Boston, MA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Boston, MA
Replied May 29 2022, 09:32
wow very helpful - thanks for the share! 

Quote from @Nate Marshall:

Just FYI,

Home Title Theft is real and easier than ever. Scammers are also able to create synthetic identities. They can create a fake birth certificate and get the Social Security Administration to issue a social security number for an infant. There are a few steps I won't mention but next they get a real state issued ID and open secured credit card accounts.

People should lookup Matthew Cox and Brett Johnson on You Tube and learn before you get burned. And yes I left a lot of things out. 

The Elle Group Logo