Votes
LaJoy Toney
  • Beaverton, OR
Votes |
Veterans VA Loan experts

LaJoy Toney
  • Beaverton, OR
Posted Jun 9 2022, 18:57

Looking for someone who is familiar in VA home loans and Multi family real-estate. Not ready to buy yet i have to work on my credit but would love to discuss future plans. Im aiming for 2023. Im looking in McMinnville, Eugene, Beaverton or Portland OR. If you know of anyone please reach out. Thanks team!

User Stats

Votes
Brad Hammond
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Portland, OR
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Portland, OR
Replied Jun 10 2022, 20:59

Hey @LaJoy Toney. VA loans are a bit tricky. Make sure your lender as well as your agent is familiar with these. @Grant Schroeder and I closed a VA house hack a few weeks ago for a wonderful navy vet.  Feel free to reach out to either or both of us to answer your questions.  

• Real Estate Agent OREGON (#201229363)

Keller Williams Portland Central Logo

User Stats

Votes
Joaquin Johnson
  • Real Estate Agent
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
Replied Jun 11 2022, 01:50
Quote from @LaJoy Toney:

Looking for someone who is familiar in VA home loans and Multi family real-estate. Not ready to buy yet i have to work on my credit but would love to discuss future plans. Im aiming for 2023. Im looking in McMinnville, Eugene, Beaverton or Portland OR. If you know of anyone please reach out. Thanks team!

Hi Lajoy

I myself am a veteran and still in the reserves. I've helped a lot of my fellow vets get into homes here in Portland and also give tips on how to get more perks from your VA loan. I work with a excellent lender and I'd love to be your realtor if you're not working with one. From one vet to another ! Looking forward to hearing from you!

BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Grant Schroeder
Pro Member
  • Lender
  • OR ID AZ CA WA CO NV TN
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Lender
  • OR ID AZ CA WA CO NV TN
Replied Jun 11 2022, 08:41

Thanks for tagging me @Brad Hammond! Helping Ben with his VA loan was a blast and he is so excited with the results. @LaJoy Toney thank you for posting about your VA loan questions here on the forums. Brad and I are both real estate investors and I have helped lots of veterans utilize their VA loans the last several years. It is the single greatest house hacking loan solution for 2-4 unit properties. If you would like to hop on a call to walk through the details and any questions you have, I would be glad to do so. Just let me know what works best for you!

• Lender Nevada (#1914590), Colorado (#1914590), Washington (#1914590), Tennessee (#1914590), Arizona (#AZ LO-1022753), Arizona (#1914590), Oregon (#1914590), Idaho (#1914590), and California (#1914590)

• Movement Mortgage
Movement Mortgage Logo

User Stats

Votes
LaJoy Toney
  • Beaverton, OR
Votes |
  • Beaverton, OR
Replied Jun 12 2022, 12:52

@Grant Schroeder I would love to hop on a call with you guys. Im available Friday 6/17/22 would 11am work? 

User Stats

Votes
LaJoy Toney
  • Beaverton, OR
Votes |
  • Beaverton, OR
Replied Jun 12 2022, 12:55

@Joaquin Johnson i would love to discuss future endeavors with you. I am in no means ready to start looking. i need to fix my credit and finances. But would love to get your insight on how best to navigate the most efficient and quickest way.  

User Stats

Votes
Erik Browning
Lender
Pro Member
  • Lender
  • CO CA TX WA ID OR
Votes |
Lender
Pro Member
  • Lender
  • CO CA TX WA ID OR
Replied Jun 12 2022, 13:28

Hi @LaJoy Toney, not only am I an expert on VA loans as a lender, I'm a veteran myself that has used the loan 3 times - once as a VA renovation loan.

You might be surprised with what a lower credit score can get you - chances are you can likely qualify. VA loans don't have a cap on their DTI ratio, they use something called "Residual Income" to determine the veteran's ability to repay.

It's best to talk to a lender NOW to evaluate your particular profile and get you onto a roadmap to success. You don't have to pull your credit either. Based on the conversation you have with the lender, you guys can get a rough idea.

Send me a DM and I will connect you to a trusted broker.

• Lender

• (707) 595-7574

User Stats

Votes
Joaquin Johnson
  • Real Estate Agent
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
Replied Jun 13 2022, 07:51
Quote from @LaJoy Toney:

@Joaquin Johnson i would love to discuss future endeavors with you. I am in no means ready to start looking. i need to fix my credit and finances. But would love to get your insight on how best to navigate the most efficient and quickest way.  

We would love to chat! I’ll send you a DM 

User Stats

Votes
Replied Jun 13 2022, 08:01

I'm also looking to use the VA home loan next August 2023 for a multi family house hack. Anyone here in the Austin area?

User Stats

Votes
Aaron Gordy
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Austin, TX
Replied Jun 13 2022, 12:13

@Jacob Pham I am a Vet and have used the VA loan a few times. The first duplex i bought was using the VA loan while attending grad school at UT back in the day. I recently closed a VA deal for an officer who is currently stationed in German but is about to transfer to Killeen. He bought a duplex in Harker Heights area using the VA loan. It was tricky but fun.

User Stats

Votes
Alex Renteria
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Inland Empire CA.
Votes |
  • Flipper/Rehabber
  • Inland Empire CA.
Replied Jun 14 2022, 09:02

Hi Every one, 

I Just closed on a duplex in Moreno Valley CA. In order to acquire the property I used a hard money loan as bids needed to be in the next day. I currently have tenants in place but will begin the process of getting them out shortly in order to rehab property. My question is " Can I refi into a VA Loan for this property If I'm not planning on living in it? I used VA Loan to purchase my residence 4 years ago and not sure if I can get away with this.

Thanks in advance for any advise on this.