• Virginia
Votes |
Pro Member
#1 All Forums Contributor
  • Investor
  • Virginia
Replied Jul 12 2022, 20:44

@Marissa A Morford

QuickBooks. It’s widely used by most bookkeepers and CPA’s. It’s what they want to use which is important to me and doesn’t matter what I want to use since I don’t use it they do.

User Stats

Votes
Karl Denton
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Mansfield, CT
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Mansfield, CT
Replied Jul 12 2022, 20:47

For my investment properties, I use a software that's free called " Stessa" Check it out and you wont be disappointed. My CPA loves that it complies everything they need for tax season and you can categorize everything on there to track everything. Truly an amazing free software that many aren't aware exist. 

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Bill Brandt#3 1031 Exchanges Contributor
  • Investor
  • Las Vegas, NV
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Las Vegas, NV
Replied Jul 12 2022, 21:23

Feel free to click on the magnifying glass in upper right and search this topic. Is literally asked monthly if not weekly. If you’re an accounting wiz you can use Quickbook’s. If you have less than 20 properties and just want accurate reports for bookkeeping and taxes, quicken is overkill at 1/5th the price. 

User Stats

Votes
Replied Jul 13 2022, 06:50
Quote from @Bill Brandt:

Feel free to click on the magnifying glass in upper right and search this topic. Is literally asked monthly if not weekly. If you’re an accounting wiz you can use Quickbook’s. If you have less than 20 properties and just want accurate reports for bookkeeping and taxes, quicken is overkill at 1/5th the price. 

Thank you! Just learning the platform. 

User Stats

Votes
Peter Mckernan
  • Residential Real Estate Agent
  • Irvine, CA
Votes |
  • Residential Real Estate Agent
  • Irvine, CA
Replied Jul 13 2022, 06:58
Quote from @Marissa A Morford:

Patriot, Quickbooks, Freshbooks, Xero? What do you use and why?!

Thank you!

My bookkeepers use Quickbooks for accounting (this is standard for about 90% of CPAs/Bookkeepers I see and know). Patriot Software is for all my payroll, never looked into this for accounting(might be a different platform named the same thing). I would say Quickbooks for sure on your accounting and it to be very simple to get it to your CPA.

• Real Estate Agent Ca (#01968986)

The McKernan Group Logo

User Stats

Votes
Daniel Hyman
Tax & Financial Services
Pro Member
  • CPA
  • Milwaukee, WI
Votes |
Tax & Financial Services
Pro Member
  • CPA
  • Milwaukee, WI
Replied Jul 13 2022, 11:58

Landlord Studio is a good up and coming software for rental owners. If you are a flipper, wholesaler, or realtor, look into Quickbooks Online.