Votes
Michael R Monteagudo
  • Asheville North Carolina
Votes |
In regards to Property Management

Michael R Monteagudo
Posted Oct 7 2022, 22:14

Hello, I run a small business called Mike's property detailing llc. I offer services such as lawn Care, brush removal, some landscaping, and power washing.

I have recently enrolled in a real estate school for my brokerage license. I sometimes think about potentially warping my business or starting a new business for property management. I have heard that if you want to start your own property management business it would be beneficial to you to work at a real estate brokerage that offers Property Management. I'm just wondering what kind of role I would need to play at that brokerage to use their property management services to benefit my desire of having my own property management business one day.

User Stats

Votes
Drew Sygit#2 Managing Your Property Contributor
  • Property Manager
  • Royal Oak, MI
Votes |
Drew Sygit#2 Managing Your Property Contributor
  • Property Manager
  • Royal Oak, MI
Replied Oct 9 2022, 08:28

@Michael R Monteagudo check your state specific requirements, as most require a Property Management Company (PMC) to have a real estate broker's license.

With that license, the company can help clients buy/sell real estate and/or manage properties.

What experience do you have in that side of real estate?

User Stats

Votes
Michael R Monteagudo
Votes |
Replied Oct 9 2022, 08:34

Hey thank you for the response. So I don't have any experience in real estate. In November I am scheduled to take a pre-licensing brokerage course in North carolina. That will be the beginning of my real estate adventure. So I would like to go to work for a brokerage that offers Property Management so I can get a little experience in that and use that experience one day to potentially build a property management business of my own. At least that's just what I'm thinking, just a little bit of a future goal

IntellCRE logo
IntellCRE
|
Sponsored
Supercharge Your Multifamily Investing with AI Source, screen, evaluate, underwrite, and act on hundreds of deals with data and confidence!

User Stats

Votes
Eliott Elias#3 BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat Contributor
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
Eliott Elias#3 BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat Contributor
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Replied Oct 9 2022, 09:09

Work for a property manager, most PM's ave their own licensed agents. You could be one of them and do run the showings for leases. There are so many rules around fair housing and tenant rights, best to be in that environment and know how a well oiled machine works 

User Stats

Votes
Rob Chiang
  • Rental Property Investor
  • San Mateo, CA
Votes |
  • Rental Property Investor
  • San Mateo, CA
Replied Oct 15 2022, 20:21

I have been in the PM business for 26 years and it's a marathon. Make sure you really want to be in this space.  Fair housing laws need to be navigated swiftly.  There are training programs for newbies.  Once you scale, it's very rewarding.  Congrats on your new business!!