Pro Member
  • Atlanta , Georgia
Votes |
Can I add a Spouse's name to a deed of a property owned by my LLC

George Fejokwu
Pro Member
  • Atlanta , Georgia
Posted Dec 1 2022, 13:18

My LLC {disregarded entity} currently have a rental property that I will like to add my Spouse to the deed. So she can be a part of the ownership without necessarily be subject to the loan by being a Member of the LLC. Is this doable in the State of Georgia on a property that has an outstanding loan?

User Stats

Votes
Andrew Bang
Pro Member
  • Lender
  • Texas; Arizona
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Lender
  • Texas; Arizona
Replied Dec 1 2022, 14:16

Sure, if its your LLC, add her as a member. Nothing would change with the loan or deed. If you wanted to add her to the deed in addition to the llc, seems redundant, but you could, The loan wouldn't change, don't see any benefit.

User Stats

Votes
George Fejokwu
Pro Member
  • Atlanta , Georgia
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Atlanta , Georgia
Replied Dec 2 2022, 08:23

Thank you @Andrew Bang, I thought about amending the Operating Agreement of the LLC, sharing 51/49 and withdrawing or reversing it if I have to do a refi in the future. The down side, I think, is she is now publicly mentioned in the asset and a possible target {double target}. A friend suggested placing the LLC in a trust and she and I becoming beneficiaries of the Trust, but I am trying to find a good Trust Attorney in the state of Ga to figure out if that is a possibility and the Pros/Cons. Thanks again.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes