Votes
Ryan Normand
  • Contractor
  • Arizona
Votes |
  • Contractor
  • Arizona
Replied Dec 30 2022, 05:42

Permits will be issued by your local building department. Most city websites will have a page with instructions on how to apply for a building permit. You will most likely need a full set of architectural drawings for new construction before a permit is issued.

I'm not sure what you mean by "building guide". Can you provide more details about what you're looking for?

User Stats

Votes
Neiya Duf
Votes |
Replied Dec 30 2022, 05:55
Quote from @Ryan Normand:

Permits will be issued by your local building department. Most city websites will have a page with instructions on how to apply for a building permit. You will most likely need a full set of architectural drawings for new construction before a permit is issued.

I'm not sure what you mean by "building guide". Can you provide more details about what you're looking for?

What I meant was after getting the building permit. What other permits or paperwork would I need to get or fill out.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Ryan Normand
  • Contractor
  • Arizona
Votes |
  • Contractor
  • Arizona
Replied Dec 30 2022, 09:43

Every city and every build is different so there's no universal guide for this. Sometimes additional permits will be required. Your GC and/or architect should be handling this and walking you through the process.