Skip to content
Real Estate News & Current Events

User Stats

Votes
Otis Vernor
Votes |
Continue with cash purchase (invest prop) due to coronavirus?

Otis Vernor
Posted Mar 17 2020, 09:02

I'm a few weeks out from closing on an investment property. It's an all cash deal and I'm looking at likely having to spend $40-50K on top of purchase price to fix it up before being able to rent it out within 4 months of purchase. Both short and long term it's a solid investment - large house on large lot (with room for future SFH development) in a growing area.

That said, the recent coronavirus scare has some red, or perhaps right now just yellow lights flashing. I have five other investment properties that right now net about $6000-6500/mo depending on various factors. As of today I have not heard from any tenants about being unable to pay future rent due to job losses/reduction due to coronavirus, but I have not actively asked either. My city has put a moratorium on evictions so I won't be able to replace any tenants who can't pay With the expected cash flow, and even with the "expected" hiccups along the way (possible vacancy, major repairs, etc) I felt find going forward with an all cash deal. Now I'm not so sure. 

Mainly wondering if anyone is in a similar boat and moving forward or backing out of any deals they might have coming up.

Loading replies...