Votes
Ally Z.
  • Investor
Votes |
Investing in Sydney, Nova Scotia

Ally Z.
  • Investor
Posted Dec 24 2020, 14:22

Does anyone here have experience investing in Sydney, Nova Scotia? The economy is struggling but is there hope in sight?

Account Closed
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Halifax, NS
Votes |
  • Halifax, NS
Replied Dec 24 2020, 15:08

Hi

I'm from Sydney originally and live/invest in Halifax currently.  My brother who owns a 3 unit rental property in Sydney and he does well with it.  There is a large market for international university students which has its pros and cons.

Feel free to message me to ask more :)

User Stats

Votes
Derek Cavanaugh
  • Lender
  • Nova Scotia
Votes |
  • Lender
  • Nova Scotia
Replied Jan 27 2021, 13:01

Sydney itself is a pretty good market.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Replied Oct 25 2021, 19:54

@Derek Cavanaugh. Hey Derek I am originally from Sydney mines now living in Calgary Alberta looking to invest in the Sydney, Glace Bay Area. Do you have any advice for this area and do you happen to know of any property management companies that operate in this area

User Stats

Votes
Dondre Graham
  • New to Real Estate
  • Cape Breton, NS
Votes |
  • New to Real Estate
  • Cape Breton, NS
Replied Mar 19 2022, 03:24

@Alexander MacPherson I know this is an older post but I’ll reply anyway in hopes that it reaches you. I currently live in Sydney, Nova Scotia and I’m looking to get into the real estate investment market. I notice you were looking for property management companies, I do know a few as I have had to rent a few properties and always deal with great ones. Please reach out if you’re still interested and we can connect. 

User Stats

Votes
Replied May 24 2023, 15:53

Hey everyone,

I'm just getting started with real estate investing and I've set my sights on Sydney. I'm on the hunt for a good realtor who knows the area like the back of their hand.

If you've worked with someone awesome or know someone who has, I'd love to hear about it. Any recommendations would be super helpful.

Thanks a bunch!

Account Closed
  • Halifax, NS
Votes |
  • Halifax, NS
Replied May 25 2023, 06:39
Quote from @Dustin Szeto:

Hey everyone,

I'm just getting started with real estate investing and I've set my sights on Sydney. I'm on the hunt for a good realtor who knows the area like the back of their hand.

If you've worked with someone awesome or know someone who has, I'd love to hear about it. Any recommendations would be super helpful.

Thanks a bunch!

Hey Dustin, DM me .  I have some contacts there