• Real Estate Broker
  • Fort Collins, CO
Votes |
Back in the Office and Charged Up!

Dave Katz
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Fort Collins, CO
Posted Jun 2 2020, 11:21

I first want to acknowledge the pain and tragedy that millions have suffered worldwide from the sudden loss of friends and family due to Covid-19. No one could have been completely prepared for what we are experiencing globally. By no means is this post intend to be insensitive; I simply prefer to focus on the positive. As businesses were ordered to shutter doors I reached out to a few local small-business owners and one of them said something to me that has become my anthem during this pandemic. He said, “Bummed about a few things, but grateful for a whole lot more.”

As I heard some folks talk about finding the “Silver Lining,” I would shy away from the conversation in guilt. “Maybe I’m enjoying this break a little too much” I thought. To be completely transparent, my business sucked for the better part of two months, but I didn’t stress about it like I usually would. I was grateful for the time at home with my wife and two beautiful daughters. It was a sobering reminder of how little time we spend with them during the work week. I embraced it. I reveled in it. I really enjoyed the slower pace of life.

Fat forward to about 3 weeks ago. Our office was open at a limited basis, and as the rest of the state of Colorado started to wake from hibernation, business started top pick up. But it wasn’t the external activity that surprised me, it was the internal charge I feel. It drives me to push hard at work daily. It has allowed me to propel even farther out of my comfort zone. I feel “jacked” and wish I could bottle it. The momentum feels good and I want to go faster. It doesn’t feel like a pace that is burning me out, it feels good and refreshing. I hope it lasts.

Is anyone else feeling exponentially charge up after the global shut down?

I would love to hear others experience.