Marketing Your Property

User Stats

Votes
Joe S.
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • San Antonio
Votes |
Who takes your professional pictures of house?

Joe S.
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • San Antonio
Posted Dec 30 2022, 07:15

So how did you find your professional photographer to take your pictures when the house is ready to market? I’m looking for ideas, because we take most of our own pictures, and I don’t consider myself a professional photographer. Lol.

User Stats

Votes
Nathan Grabau
  • Realtor
  • Longmont, CO
Votes |
  • Realtor
  • Longmont, CO
Replied Dec 30 2022, 07:18

I would call your Realtor to ask this. They could give you a list of a few people to use who they trust to do a good job. 

User Stats

Votes
Joe S.
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • San Antonio
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • San Antonio
Replied Dec 30 2022, 07:31
Quote from @Nathan Grabau:

I would call your Realtor to ask this. They could give you a list of a few people to use who they trust to do a good job. 

If I’m not listing or selling it with that realtor, they would not want me to have professional photos of property. Lol.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Nathan Gesner
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Cody, WY
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Cody, WY
ModeratorReplied Dec 31 2022, 04:51
Quote from @Joe S.:

So how did you find your professional photographer to take your pictures when the house is ready to market? I’m looking for ideas, because we take most of our own pictures, and I don’t consider myself a professional photographer. Lol.

I sell and rent houses all the time and my photos are taken with my phone. I used to have a $600 DSLR camera with a $1,200 lens but phone technology caught up and was taking pictures that were just as good. I have never had a seller question my photos and I've never had a buyer tell me they weren't good enough. It's more important to learn about balancing the lighting and framing your shots.

Here's a video of someone shooting an AirBnB with an iPhone 13. I have a Samsung Android and it does just as well.

• Property Manager Wyoming (#12599)

American West Realty & Management Logo

User Stats

Votes
Eliott Elias#3 BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat Contributor
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
Eliott Elias#3 BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat Contributor
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Replied Dec 31 2022, 08:26

I have a good contact in Austin/Bell county  

User Stats

Votes
Hemant Chavan
  • Rental Property Investor
  • New York, NY
Votes |
  • Rental Property Investor
  • New York, NY
Replied Jan 9 2023, 20:04

@Joe S. I use AI apps to generate them. Much more cheaper and better than photographers