• Steamboat, CO
Votes |
How to Move Zillow Rental Ads Back Onto the Crucial First Page

Burt L.
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Steamboat, CO
Posted Jan 31 2023, 20:26

Hello Nation,

The local Zillow rental listings have the drop by 90 percent once you fall to the second page, which takes two days -three days if very slow weekend listing traffic but few calls on weekends compared to weekdays anyway. 

How can a person bump their listings (also called updating them) back up again?

I see property management companies doing it regularly, with their same listings. I don't mind the fee, especially as Zillow is the category-crusher of  other rental sites and I"m not going to change that. 

If not rented in two days, you're done - and the setting a mutually agreeable appointment time, showing, getting applications filled out/returned and credit checks takes that long alone. 

Changing the availability date or language in the copy hasn't done anything that I've noticed either. I'm at a loss- thank you. 

User Stats

Votes
Drew Sygit#2 Managing Your Property Contributor
  • Property Manager
  • Royal Oak, MI
Votes |
Drew Sygit#2 Managing Your Property Contributor
  • Property Manager
  • Royal Oak, MI
Replied Feb 1 2023, 05:40

@Burt L. we change a few sentances in our ads and that causes Zillow to refresh them and move them back towards the top.

User Stats

Votes
Ronnie Kendrick
  • Littleton, CO
Votes |
  • Littleton, CO
Replied Feb 3 2023, 09:21

Like Drew said, try changing the copy to get it to pop back up. Also, try going beyond Zillow and use some of the other real estate websites to get extra eyes on it. Don't sleep on building a realtor network either. They'll help to get the word out, or better yet have someone lined up that's interested.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes