Skip to content
Marketing Your Property

User Stats

Votes
Erick Armando Gonzalez
  • Realtor
  • Oceanside, CA
Votes |
First Time Managing a Rental - Wheres the best place to Market my Rental?

Erick Armando Gonzalez
  • Realtor
  • Oceanside, CA
Posted Apr 11 2023, 07:04

Hi BP Fam,

There are many different platforms available for advertising your rental, but it can be overwhelming to decide which one to use. 

Do you have any experience with marketing a rental property? If so, where did you have the best success? Have you had good experiences with any particular rental listing sites? 

Thanks in advance 

User Stats

Votes
Max Ferguson
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Colorado Springs, CO
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Colorado Springs, CO
Replied Apr 11 2023, 07:30

First off, I am not in your market so information may be slightly different. For anyone I talk to Zllow and apartments.com have been big ones around here. If your MLS allows rentals on there, I believe it will get pushed to every marketing site like Zillow and Trulia but I may be incorrect.

For Mid-term make sure to post on furnished finder. Short term Air bnb/vrbo/etc...

If it is a high traffic street make sure to put a sign out front and if the city allows on the major intersection leading up to it. 

Good luck and let us know what you find!

MF Home Group Logo

User Stats

Votes
Dominic Pizzi
  • Lender
  • Freehold, NJ
Votes |
  • Lender
  • Freehold, NJ
Replied Apr 11 2023, 07:42

Hey Erick!

Typical listing sites like realtor.com, Zillow, or any other rental site you can think of will work. I also would go on Facebook market place too and market your rental there!

Also, think of some outside of the box ways to market it as well: put up a flyer in the gym you go to, a flyer in the barber you go to, or potentially go by word of mouth with people you know in the industry. Hope this helps at least a little bit!

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Steve Meyers
  • Real Estate Agent
  • San Diego, CA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • San Diego, CA
Replied Apr 11 2023, 17:48

@Erick Armando Gonzalez I've had good luck with Turbo tenant it puts it out to all the sites for you and it's free. https://www.turbotenant.com/

User Stats

Votes
Laura Stayton
  • Property Manager
  • Delaware
Votes |
  • Property Manager
  • Delaware
Replied Apr 18 2023, 07:32
Quote from @Erick Armando Gonzalez:

Hi BP Fam,

There are many different platforms available for advertising your rental, but it can be overwhelming to decide which one to use. 

Do you have any experience with marketing a rental property? If so, where did you have the best success? Have you had good experiences with any particular rental listing sites? 

Thanks in advance 

We use buildium so our listings are pushed to all the sites automatically.  But without that I would recommend Zillow and apartments.com.  Consider fb marketplace as well (though be careful of scammers)  You're a realtor so can use the mls as well (but they do charge to do this)