• Memphis, TN
Votes |
Using A Virtual Assistant to Generate Buyer Leads

Michael Hayes
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Memphis, TN
Posted Feb 20 2018, 13:26

What's up BP family?  Curious to know if anyone out there is using a virtual assistant to generate solid buyer leads?  I've been using one for the past 4 months for seller leads (cold calling) and she's been great, but trying to expand my core base of buyers so that I can tackle some other areas and zip codes and some more people to move the deals to.

What are some of their tasks?  How do you keep track of their goal numbers, etc?  How do you have them vet buyers if you do that?

Looking to scale this thing a bit quicker than my starting days, so any help is appreciated.  

Thanks!

User Stats

Votes
Henri Meli
  • Investor
  • Morrisville, NC
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Morrisville, NC
Replied Mar 14 2018, 10:00

@Michael Hayes . Great topic. I don't have any input at this time. But I want to follow this closely. As I grow my business, I want to leverage this capability more and more. Thanks for starting it. 

User Stats

Votes
JT Crownover
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Brandon, MS
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Brandon, MS
Replied Mar 14 2018, 11:45

@Michael Hayes have you used or have experience with skipgenie.com? I had my VA research skip tracing and she came across it. They've been going through county record and have produced nearly over 100 lead in the first 20 hrs of work.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Benjamin Blackburn
  • Wholesaler/ Investor
  • Houston, TX
Votes |
  • Wholesaler/ Investor
  • Houston, TX
Replied Mar 14 2018, 13:52

@Michael Hayes Yo! Try trading up with someone in your market(Like literally sharing your buyers with someone else and vice versa).  Quick and easy way to gain bulk buyers quickly.  A lot of people will say no but catch a few that say yes and are closing deals... BOOM! quick couple thousand extra right there.  

User Stats

Votes
Michael Hayes
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Memphis, TN
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Memphis, TN
Replied Mar 15 2018, 15:26
Originally posted by @JT Crownover:

@Michael Hayes have you used or have experience with skipgenie.com? I had my VA research skip tracing and she came across it. They've been going through county record and have produced nearly over 100 lead in the first 20 hrs of work.

I haven't used skipgenie, but I have used a V.A. to skiptrace for me. She had access to TLO and Lexis Nexis.

User Stats

Votes
Michael Hayes
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Memphis, TN
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Memphis, TN
Replied Mar 15 2018, 15:33
Originally posted by @Benjamin Blackburn:

@Michael Hayes Yo! Try trading up with someone in your market(Like literally sharing your buyers with someone else and vice versa).  Quick and easy way to gain bulk buyers quickly.  A lot of people will say no but catch a few that say yes and are closing deals... BOOM! quick couple thousand extra right there.  

Not a bad idea at all.  I guess the topic is more so how to automate getting buyers through V.A.s.  Like continuous leads and communication that I don' have to do.  2018 is about removing myself from being "in" my business and working "on" the business.  But I'm going to test a couple of things out before I get to that point.   

User Stats

Votes
Joe Davalos
  • Investor
  • San Antonio, TX
Votes |
  • Investor
  • San Antonio, TX
Replied Mar 18 2018, 20:02

Working on your business is the way to go. That’s my goal Also. I can do almost everything in my REI business. I will hire a VA but first I started recording my various tasks that I complete like skip tracing returned mail. Every time I set aside an hour to do something I can have a VA do I am recording and explaining why I am doing what I’m doing some logic and details

If interested look into filmora or camtasia. They both have a free trail. I tried filmora first but it didn’t like how my video file was saved. So I tried camtasia and it worked great. Filmora is less expensive but I didn’t want to hassle with it. Also you can use your phone to record sound and load it later or by a microphone. I bought an FIFE microphone for 21.99 on amazon and it works great. How else am I gonna train someone half a world away.
Oh yeah also working on a training Manual to go along with my videos.
Hope to have a VA soon as I am tired of working in my business instead of own. it’s costing me lost revenue and adding mental fatigue.

User Stats

Votes
Tony Battle
  • Center Valley, PA
Votes |
  • Center Valley, PA
Replied Mar 21 2018, 06:42

@JT Crownover Producing leads is the easy part. You can have thousands of leads in an hour for a fraction of what you are paying the VA. You can even add contact information to the list if you want. The VA should be assigned tasks that can't be automated. Lead generating and skip tracing are too tedious of a task to pay by the hour.