Skip to content
Marketing Your Property

User Stats

Votes
Mark Niles
Votes |
Finishing Clean up of Rental, when to start marketin?

Mark Niles
Posted Sep 9 2020, 04:54

I bought my first rental a week ago...yay!  I've spent the last week working on the property getting it ready for my first renter.  I've gotten a ton done, but still have a decent bit of work to do (finish painting, flooring and some bathroom work).

Unfortunately I had a vacation planned which means I'm going going to loose a week of work in September and I was hoping to have a renter in by October 1st.  I'm kind of killing myself to get the property ready so I don't have to cover the first mortgage payment.  I have the funds, just would prefer to not have to cover it if possible.

Here are my questions.

1. Do most renters move in at the start of the month or does it not really matter?

2. I can probably have the entire place painted before I leave, but the new flooring won't be in yet.  Would it be a bad idea to post pictures, but say new flooring is coming?  This would allow me to start getting applications while I'm gone for a week.

3. Or should I just suck it up and wait until the place is entirely ready for pictures and then start marketing it even if it means photos won't be ready for October 1st?

Thoughts?

Loading replies...