Skip to content
Managing Your Property

User Stats

Votes
Kevin Grinstead
  • Realtor
  • Denver, CO
Votes |
Any good, kind property managers in Cleveland?

Kevin Grinstead
  • Realtor
  • Denver, CO
Posted May 3 2022, 09:56

Hi All, I am looking for an amazing property manager.  I have a great one now but they are ending their service.  If you know of someone that has a reasonable service, I will have 4 doors for the rentals and I have a few other friends that are looking for property managers as well. 

User Stats

Votes
Replied May 3 2022, 13:43

Speak with Andrew Weiner at Realty Now Property Management in Beachwood Ohio.  He manages over 100 units for us in the Cleveland market.  Great communications and transparency.

User Stats

Votes
Iman Miley
Pro Member
  • Property Manager
  • Cleveland, OH
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Property Manager
  • Cleveland, OH
Replied May 4 2022, 08:59

Hello Kevin, 

Visiting www.narpm.org has helped many investors looking for property management services. The professionals listed have additional training and ethic standards that set them a part, however it is important to conduct your own research and properly vet a few property managements before making your decision. 

BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Aaron Howell
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Crozet, VA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Crozet, VA
Replied May 4 2022, 20:03

I've used All-Star Property Management for a couple of years now.  They are B- or B so far.  Very responsive to emails I send them.  https://www.allstarcleveland.c...

• Real Estate Agent Virginia (#0225242536)

Story House Real Estate Logo

User Stats

Votes
Drew Sygit#2 Managing Your Property Contributor
  • Property Manager
  • Royal Oak, MI
Votes |
Drew Sygit#2 Managing Your Property Contributor
  • Property Manager
  • Royal Oak, MI
Replied May 5 2022, 10:08

@Kevin Grinstead

In our experience, the #1 mistake owners make when selecting a Property Management Company (PMC) is ASSUMING instead of CONFIRMING.

It's often a case of not doing enough research, as they don't know what they don't know!

Owners mistakenly ASSUME all PMCs offer the exact SAME SERVICES and PERFORM those services EXACTLY THE SAME WAY, so price is the only differentiator.

So, the first question they usually ask a PMC is about fees - instead of asking about services and HOW those services are executed.

EXAMPLE: PMC states they will handle tenant screening – what does that specifically mean? What documents do they require, what credit scores do they allow, how do they verify previous rental history, etc.? You’d be shocked by how little actual screening many PMC’s do!

This also leads owners to ASSUME simpler is better when it comes to management contracts.

The reality is the opposite - if it's not in writing then the PMC doesn't have to provide the service or can charge extra for it!

We have a 14-page management contract that we've added our real experiences to over the years, with the intent of protecting both us AND the landlord. Beyond the Monthly Management, Placement & Maintenance fees, all other fees in our contract are IF EVENT -> THEN fees.

We don’t know any PMCs to recommend in the area mentioned, but since selecting the wrong PMC is usually more harmful than selecting a bad tenant, you might want to read our series about “How to Screen a PMC Better than a Tenant”:

https://www.biggerpockets.com/member-blogs/3094/91877-how-to-screen-a-pmc-better-than-a-tenant-part-1-services-and-processes

We recommend you get management contracts from several PMCs and compare the services they cover and, more importantly, what they each DO NOT cover.

EDUCATE YOURSELF - yes, it will take time, but will lead to a selection that better meets your expectations & avoids potentially costly surprises!

P.S. If you just hire the cheapest or first PMC you speak with and it turns into a bad experience, please don’t assume ALL PMC’s are bad and start trashing PMC’s in general. Take ownership of your mistake and learn to do the proper due diligence recommended above😊

User Stats

Votes
Jay Hinrichs#2 All Forums Contributor
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Lake Oswego OR Summerlin, NV
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Lake Oswego OR Summerlin, NV
Replied May 5 2022, 10:11

@James Wise  has some really good content on managing in cleveland.. Not sure he is the nicest guy on the block though when you get into his no BS zone  :)   

User Stats

Votes
Kevin Grinstead
  • Realtor
  • Denver, CO
Votes |
  • Realtor
  • Denver, CO
Replied May 5 2022, 10:27

Hi Drew, I haven't hired the wrong property manager, I have met a lot of them and based on their offerings and there personality have been turned off by many of them.  I am always concerned about the overall business and making the best decision for my property and my tenants. Just like there are rock-start agents out there and some not as great agents, I feel the same for property managers.  I also strongly believe that if the first impression is bad it takes a lot to change that view.  I don't think I have said anything to bash property managers as I feel that it is a necessary service to guard my wealth. 

User Stats

Votes
Replied Nov 17 2022, 21:09

Did you find a good one ? If yes please share, especially if they are managing short term rentals too

Thanks !

User Stats

Votes
Bob Stevens
Pro Member
#2 General Landlording & Rental Properties Contributor
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Cleveland
Votes |
Pro Member
#2 General Landlording & Rental Properties Contributor
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Cleveland
Replied Nov 19 2022, 07:19
Quote from @Kevin Grinstead:

Hi All, I am looking for an amazing property manager.  I have a great one now but they are ending their service.  If you know of someone that has a reasonable service, I will have 4 doors for the rentals and I have a few other friends that are looking for property managers as well. 

I know them all, more than happy to help