Skip to content
Managing Your Property

User Stats

Votes
Gavin C.
Votes |
Good management companies for small walkup building (9 units)

Gavin C.
Posted May 19 2022, 09:20

Hey all! Does anyone know of a good management company in Philly that specializes in smaller, walkup building? I currently own a unit in a small walkup building in center city Philly with a total of 9 units. Half of the units are rented out, and the other half are owner occupied. I'm looking for a good management company with a solid track record for dealing with buildings of our scale. Our current management company is horrendous (Onyx Management) and it's been a nightmare trying to deal with them in maintenance and upkeep tasks for the building.

We currently pay them about $200 a month to manage our building, but are paying a lot more than that in repeated maintenance costs when they mess up repair jobs. So even a management company with higher fees would be worth it. Additionally, has anyone had any experiences with Philly Living management group? They're one of the alternatives we're considering, but I'm not sure what they're like.

User Stats

Votes
Dan Powers
  • Wholesaler
  • Philadelphia, PA
Votes |
  • Wholesaler
  • Philadelphia, PA
Replied Jun 9 2022, 13:13

Most of my investors deal with Rentwell and have great experiences with them, they have contractor that can do full cosmetic rehabs, so if you bought a grandma houses but the mechanicals are in good shape they could do the rehab for you. On top of that they guarantee the tenant for the first year and in the worst case scenario you have to go through an eviction they will go to court for you. Hit up @Sean Watson, he will help you.