Daniel Voecks
  • Clarksville, TN
Votes |
Looking for Good Property Managers in the Nashville Area

Daniel Voecks
  • Clarksville, TN
Posted Jul 6 2022, 19:22

Hello,

I am looking for a good property manager in the Nashville area that could help to determine hot rental markets for me to buy into and use for my property manager.  Thanks for the help!

User Stats

Votes
Luka Milicevic
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Nashville, TN
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Nashville, TN
Replied Jul 7 2022, 09:29

@Daniel Voecks

Jeff Ley Real Estate

Hive management

All markets in Nashville and the surrounding area are hot so I just answered that for you. If you are in Clarksville, you aren't going to find anything close to those numbers here in Nashville. 

• Real Estate Agent Tennessee (#358883)

Middle TN Home Alliance Logo

User Stats

Votes
Nick Carozza
Pro Member
  • New to Real Estate
  • California
Votes |
Pro Member
  • New to Real Estate
  • California
Replied Jul 12 2022, 16:13

Daniel Curtis is my rental property manager for a rental in Murfreesboro. He has been amazing, super easy to work with. He filled my rental unit in 1 week. Awesome dude.

BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
John Williams
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Clarksville, TN
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Clarksville, TN
Replied Aug 12 2022, 12:04
Quote from @Daniel Voecks:

Hello,

I am looking for a good property manager in the Nashville area that could help to determine hot rental markets for me to buy into and use for my property manager.  Thanks for the help!

Howdy Daniel! I manage properties here in Clarksville, TN. We specialize in the purchasing, selling, leasing, and managing of residential investment properties. Let me know if I can be of assistance!

-John

User Stats

Votes
Blake Johnson
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Franklin, TN
Votes |
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Franklin, TN
Replied Nov 5 2022, 12:21

Hello,

Hi Daniel, if you're still in the market of hiring a property management for your Nashville-area properties, I'd love to connect. 

User Stats

Votes
Drew Sygit#2 Managing Your Property Contributor
  • Property Manager
  • Royal Oak, MI
Votes |
Drew Sygit#2 Managing Your Property Contributor
  • Property Manager
  • Royal Oak, MI
Replied Nov 6 2022, 06:21

@Daniel Voecks

Even if someone give you a referral, what meets their expectations, may not meet yours.

In our experience, the #1 mistake owners make when selecting a Property Management Company (PMC) is ASSUMING instead of CONFIRMING.

It's often a case of not doing enough research, as they don't know what they don't know!

Owners mistakenly ASSUME all PMCs offer the exact SAME SERVICES and PERFORM those services EXACTLY THE SAME WAY, so price is the only differentiator.

So, the first question they usually ask a PMC is about fees - instead of asking about services and HOW those services are executed.

EXAMPLE: PMC states they will handle tenant screening – what does that specifically mean? What documents do they require, what credit scores do they allow, how do they verify previous rental history, etc.? You’d be shocked by how little actual screening many PMC’s do!

This also leads owners to ASSUME simpler is better when it comes to management contracts.

The reality is the opposite - if it's not in writing then the PMC doesn't have to provide the service or can charge extra for it!

We have a 14-page management contract that we've added our real experiences to over the years, with the intent of protecting both us AND the landlord. Beyond the Monthly Management, Placement & Maintenance fees, all other fees in our contract are IF EVENT -> THEN fees.

We don’t know any PMCs to recommend in the area mentioned, but since selecting the wrong PMC is usually more harmful than selecting a bad tenant, you might want to read our series about “How to Screen a PMC Better than a Tenant”:

https://www.biggerpockets.com/member-blogs/3094/91877-how-to-screen-a-pmc-better-than-a-tenant-part-1-services-and-processes

We recommend you get management contracts from several PMCs and compare the services they cover and, more importantly, what they each DO NOT cover.

EDUCATE YOURSELF - yes, it will take time, but will lead to a selection that better meets your expectations & avoids potentially costly surprises!

P.S. If you just hire the cheapest or first PMC you speak with and it turns into a bad experience, please don’t assume ALL PMC’s are bad and start trashing PMC’s in general. Take ownership of your mistake and learn to do the proper due diligence recommended above😊

User Stats

Votes
Erin Becker
  • Property Manager
  • Chattanooga, TN
Votes |
  • Property Manager
  • Chattanooga, TN
Replied May 7 2023, 09:05

I do property management in Nashville and Chattanooga. 

Erinbeckerllc.com

I’ve been researching Nashville for a while and as others have said, that whole market is popping off, just a matter of looking at an individual property to make sure the neighborhood isn’t dangerous or ugly. Feel free to get in touch with me if you’re needing more help with market research or property management. 

User Stats

Votes
Replied May 7 2023, 18:09

Hey there! I'm a Nashville-native and property manager/realtor. I'm very familiar with most neighborhoods in Nashville and the surrounding areas as I have friends and family all over the city for decades now.  I'd love to connect and see how I can help!

User Stats

Votes
Replied May 8 2023, 12:09

Hello,

Howdy Everyone, im new to the area of Nashville, but I am looking to buy a piece of property in Whitleyville, TN (About an hour and a half from Nashville). It is near Cookeville and Gainsboro. Would I be able to find any property managers (changing linens, and preparing between renters) to help me out? Thanks!

User Stats

Votes
Replied May 8 2023, 12:10
Quote from @Lydia Wright:

Hey there! I'm a Nashville-native and property manager/realtor. I'm very familiar with most neighborhoods in Nashville and the surrounding areas as I have friends and family all over the city for decades now.  I'd love to connect and see how I can help!

Hello! Im looking to acquire a place in Whitleyville! Do you think that is too far out?

User Stats

Votes
Replied May 9 2023, 10:35

Hey Harrison!

Whitleyville is a little far for me, but I can ask around and see if any of my contacts know of someone! Have you had any luck yet?

User Stats

Votes
Michael Bartlett
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Cookeville, TN
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Cookeville, TN
Replied May 10 2023, 05:24
Quote from @Harrison Glaude:

Hello,

Howdy Everyone, im new to the area of Nashville, but I am looking to buy a piece of property in Whitleyville, TN (About an hour and a half from Nashville). It is near Cookeville and Gainsboro. Would I be able to find any property managers (changing linens, and preparing between renters) to help me out? Thanks!

If you are just looking for a cleaner between tenants, Stephanie at Affordable Cleaning is in that area does great work. She cleans houses in the Sparta Cookeville Crossville areas for us. 

If you need a property manager Dakota Langdon at Highlands Elite Property Management may be able to help you out.  

User Stats

Votes
Replied May 10 2023, 05:30

thank you!

BiggerPockets logo
Meet Investor-Friendly Agents
|
BiggerPockets
Network with top investor-friendly agents who can help you find, analyze, and close your next deal.