Skip to content
Managing Your Property

User Stats

Votes

Recommendations for Property Managers in Atlanta

Jasmeial Jackson
Posted Jul 11 2022, 17:01

I am looking for property manager in Atlanta and would love some recommendations or even property management companies to stay away from. 

User Stats

Votes
Jingru Sui
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Atlanta, GA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Atlanta, GA
Replied Jul 11 2022, 17:50

Solution property management

User Stats

Votes
Brad McCance
  • Residential Real Estate Broker
  • Bogart, GA
Votes |
  • Residential Real Estate Broker
  • Bogart, GA
Replied Jul 12 2022, 04:26
What part of Atlanta are you looking for a PM?
BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Caio Gansauskas Pavanelli
  • Property Manager
  • Clearwater, FL
Votes |
  • Property Manager
  • Clearwater, FL
Replied Jul 12 2022, 07:10

Hi Jasmeial,

Are you looking for a PM recommendation or just want to know those who you should be away?

Regards!

User Stats

Votes
Jasmeial Jackson
Replied Jul 12 2022, 07:12

@Caio Gansauskas PavanelliI am looking for both PM recommendations and PMs that I should stay away from.

User Stats

Votes
Jasmeial Jackson
Replied Jul 12 2022, 07:15

@Brad McCance I am looking for a PM in college park to manager 4 units. The zip code is 30349

User Stats

Votes
Caio Gansauskas Pavanelli
  • Property Manager
  • Clearwater, FL
Votes |
  • Property Manager
  • Clearwater, FL
Replied Jul 12 2022, 07:24
Quote from @Jasmeial Jackson:

@Caio Gansauskas PavanelliI am looking for both PM recommendations and PMs that I should stay away from.

Hi Jasmeial,

Not sure which ones you should be away from, but I would like to recommend PMI Atlanta Metro. They work in all property management pillars, so they will probably be a good fit for your needs.

Hope I could help.

Regards.

User Stats

Votes
Drew Sygit
Property Manager
#2 Managing Your Property Contributor
  • Property Manager
  • Royal Oak, MI
Votes |
Property Manager
#2 Managing Your Property Contributor
  • Property Manager
  • Royal Oak, MI
Replied Jul 12 2022, 14:48

@Jasmeial Jackson 

In our experience, the #1 mistake owners make when selecting a Property Management Company (PMC) is ASSUMING instead of CONFIRMING.

It's often a case of not doing enough research, as they don't know what they don't know!

Owners mistakenly ASSUME all PMCs offer the exact SAME SERVICES and PERFORM those services EXACTLY THE SAME WAY, so price is the only differentiator.

So, the first question they usually ask a PMC is about fees - instead of asking about services and HOW those services are executed.

EXAMPLE: PMC states they will handle tenant screening – what does that specifically mean? What documents do they require, what credit scores do they allow, how do they verify previous rental history, etc.? You’d be shocked by how little actual screening many PMC’s do!

This also leads owners to ASSUME simpler is better when it comes to management contracts.

The reality is the opposite - if it's not in writing then the PMC doesn't have to provide the service or can charge extra for it!

We have a 14-page management contract that we've added our real experiences to over the years, with the intent of protecting both us AND the landlord. Beyond the Monthly Management, Placement & Maintenance fees, all other fees in our contract are IF EVENT -> THEN fees.

We don’t know any PMCs to recommend in the area mentioned, but since selecting the wrong PMC is usually more harmful than selecting a bad tenant, you might want to read our series about “How to Screen a PMC Better than a Tenant”:

https://www.biggerpockets.com/member-blogs/3094/91877-how-to-screen-a-pmc-better-than-a-tenant-part-1-services-and-processes

We recommend you get management contracts from several PMCs and compare the services they cover and, more importantly, what they each DO NOT cover.

EDUCATE YOURSELF - yes, it will take time, but will lead to a selection that better meets your expectations & avoids potentially costly surprises!

P.S. If you just hire the cheapest or first PMC you speak with and it turns into a bad experience, please don’t assume ALL PMC’s are bad and start trashing PMC’s in general. Take ownership of your mistake and learn to do the proper due diligence recommended above😊