Skip to content
Managing Your Property

User Stats

Votes
Jason Hudson
Votes |
Florida Law for minimum # of units for on-site manager needed?

Jason Hudson
Posted Jul 20 2022, 13:23

Trying to go from single family to multi-family investing. I’m curious as to what the minimum amount of units are in Florida that require an on-site manager. Went all over google and the only thing I can find is the 16 minimum for California but nothing on any other state. Thank you

User Stats

Votes
Nathan Gesner
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Cody, WY
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Cody, WY
ModeratorReplied Jul 20 2022, 15:02
Quote from @Jason Hudson:

Trying to go from single family to multi-family investing. I’m curious as to what the minimum amount of units are in Florida that require an on-site manager. Went all over google and the only thing I can find is the 16 minimum for California but nothing on any other state. Thank you

I don't think Florida requires an on-site manager for apartment complexes, even large ones. Hopefully someone from Florida will respond to this.

you can also contact the Florida Real Estate Commission and they will quickly answer this for you.

• Property Manager Wyoming (#12599)

American West Realty & Management Logo

User Stats

Votes
Matt Devincenzo
  • Investor
  • Clairemont, CA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Clairemont, CA
Replied Jul 20 2022, 15:09

FL like most other states does not have an onsite manager requirement. CA is actually the only state that I am aware of that specifically has an on site manager requirement. 

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes