• Elk Grove, CA
Votes |
Has Anyone Worked with Hemlane Remote Property Company

Amir B.
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Elk Grove, CA
Posted Jul 22 2022, 09:37

Hello,

Has anyone worked with Hemlane property company?

Amir

User Stats

Votes
Jordan Sand
  • Investor
  • Seattle, WA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Seattle, WA
Replied Jul 22 2022, 14:22

@Amir B. - Have my rentals on there for quite some time and really enjoy it. New services coming out always too. I started with just software for my local rentals but now have my rentals in other states on it ... team to answer calls is professional and actually knows home repairs, agents are based on which one you select, and its saved me $1000s in management fees. Definitely great for my cash flow and feel my investment is protected.

User Stats

Votes
Amir B.
  • Elk Grove, CA
Votes |
  • Elk Grove, CA
Replied Jul 24 2022, 08:52

@Jordan Sand my main concern is the leasing agent. How was your experience?

FlipSystem logo
FlipSystem
|
Sponsored
Learn From Our Team. Earn 100% of the Profits. Join our community of 500+ investors! Avg profit per flip: $14k, Avg effort per week: 4hrs

User Stats

Votes
Jordan Sand
  • Investor
  • Seattle, WA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Seattle, WA
Replied Jul 24 2022, 09:03

@Amir B.. - worked with 2 of their agents and one is really incredible and the other gets the job done pretty well ... the real difference is one has more leasing experience and has worked with Hemlane for longer. I know one other person using them who does self showings through a keypad or lockbox or something. that may be an option for you but i guess it depends on your type of property. i guess just make sure you don't just settle for an agent which should be pretty easy since you dont have a long term contract with them

User Stats

Votes
Amir B.
  • Elk Grove, CA
Votes |
  • Elk Grove, CA
Replied Jul 24 2022, 11:22

@Jordan Sand the property is in the Cleveland area. I am assuming they partner up with third party agents?

Take a look at this home I found on Realtor.com
20829 Miller Ave, Euclid
$209,900 · 6beds · 2baths

https://apps.realtor.com/mUAZ/...

User Stats

Votes
Amir B.
  • Elk Grove, CA
Votes |
  • Elk Grove, CA
Replied Jul 24 2022, 11:27

@Jordan Sandi did contact local pm companies but they want the management business along with placement. 

User Stats

Votes
Shane Kelly
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Cleveland, OH
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Cleveland, OH
Replied Jul 24 2022, 15:42

@Amir B. If all you're seeking is to place a tenant, you may be able to find an agent on here that will do it for a fee. I'd suggest trying to make connections and see, if that is the case.

User Stats

Votes
Jordan Sand
  • Investor
  • Seattle, WA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Seattle, WA
Replied Jul 25 2022, 06:00

@Amir B. go ahead and see what agents they have there but cleveland is a large market so they should have an agent to bring in a tenant. worst case, you can do what @Shane Kelly mentions and take your own agent and put them in hemlane. when you buy a property, you may be able to ask the real estate agent to help find a tenant at no additional fee, since you are buying from them. i have done that in the past - good luck!

User Stats

Votes
James Wise#3 All Forums Contributor
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH
Replied Aug 13 2022, 18:53
Quote from @Jordan Sand:

@Amir B. go ahead and see what agents they have there but cleveland is a large market so they should have an agent to bring in a tenant. worst case, you can do what @Shane Kelly mentions and take your own agent and put them in hemlane. when you buy a property, you may be able to ask the real estate agent to help find a tenant at no additional fee, since you are buying from them. i have done that in the past - good luck!

Properties don't rent for enough money in the Cleveland market for agents leasing properties for owners to be a viable source of income. So essentially, you can't get someone to lease your property unless you get full service property management or have your own full time employees. Just not enough cheese on the cracker for it to make any sense. 

So having said all of that, if you take a company like this who adds another hand in the cookie jar that's already too small, I see no scenario where it works out for you.

User Stats

Votes
Amir B.
  • Elk Grove, CA
Votes |
  • Elk Grove, CA
Replied Oct 4 2022, 14:14

Hello,

Just an update. I decided not to use hemlane for the following reasons:

Collecting the rent can take 5-7 days. For example, if a tenant chooses to pay on the 5th of the month and add another 5 to 7 days. The landlord is getting paid in the middle of the month. That is way too long.

2nd I signed up for the full service but it was still requiring me to get involved. The customer service agent "we are not the full property management company" so, I thought what is the point?

I'm currently the PM and will decide later on if I should hand this off to someone else.

Thanks,

Amir

User Stats

Votes
Drew Sygit#2 Managing Your Property Contributor
  • Property Manager
  • Royal Oak, MI
Votes |
Drew Sygit#2 Managing Your Property Contributor
  • Property Manager
  • Royal Oak, MI
Replied Oct 5 2022, 10:25

@Amir B. your story is FUNNY!

You were looking to NOT hire a full-service PMC to save money, but expecting to be hands off?

Hilarious!

User Stats

Votes
Jordan Sand
  • Investor
  • Seattle, WA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Seattle, WA
Replied Oct 5 2022, 10:31

@Amir B. - I hear you on it as i'm slightly more hands on with approvals and stuff like that in Hemlane but find it to be much better than the alternative of doing everything myself. Its about 80% less work for me with them so thats why i love their service

User Stats

Votes
Ben Goodall
  • Santee, CA
Votes |
  • Santee, CA
Replied Oct 16 2022, 18:04

@Jordan Sand I am in the process of signing up for one of these services and was wondering what Hemlane subscription are you using?  Basic, Essentials or Complete.  I see complete includes some sort of leasing agent correspondence but if I'm already corresponding with the leasing agent outside the platform and paying him to lease the property, not sure what benefit this subscription would provide.  Any light you or anyone else can shed here would be much appreciated.

IRA Club  logo
IRA Club
|
Sponsored
An IRA Administrator Flat fees. No percentages. Grow your retirement fund: Invest in real estate with a self-directed IRA

User Stats

Votes
Jordan Sand
  • Investor
  • Seattle, WA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Seattle, WA
Replied Oct 16 2022, 21:43

@Ben Goodall - Started with basic and have some on the smart package now - i think that is now called complete. The reason for complete is the vendors they have for the maintenance, but you may be able to select some other package if you have a leasing agent to give you those vendors. Hopefully that helps and think you will really love them as you can go up and down on the package based on your needs.