Managing Your Property

User Stats

Votes
Timothy Ng
Votes |
Seeking new property manager - KC, MO

Timothy Ng
Posted Sep 20 2022, 12:32

Hello I have a property in KC, MO which is currently being managed by Renter's Warehouse, which has been an absolute nightmare. Renter's warehouse is a company that frequently fails to perform their contractual obligations. They have let the tenants miss multiple payments without informing the owners. Multiple attempts to remedy the situation over a period of 60 days have not been met at all and our tenants owe us literally thousands of dollars and no one from Renter's Warehouse has resolved this issue. Do any of y'all have recommendations for a reliable, responsible property management team out of KC, MO? Thanks

User Stats

Votes
Alex Olson
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Kansas City Metro
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Kansas City Metro
Replied Sep 20 2022, 14:23

Have you spoken to @Luther Wilson III? They manage several properties around town and are great local people. 

Xchange CRE - 1031 Exchange RE Brokerage Logo

User Stats

Votes
Luther Wilson III
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Kansas City, MO
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Kansas City, MO
Replied Sep 20 2022, 18:13

Hey, @Timothy Ng, might you share, in what part of town is the property located?  That could be part of the issue...  There's a reason your PM is struggling...  I'm sure there's a helluva back-story. 

Either way, it sounds like you're getting a true taste for what it's like to own rentals.  If you can push through this and survive then you'll be that much more prepared for future investments and hopefully, stronger and more resolved to get something better, maybe?

Thanks for the plug, @Alex Olson!  

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Mo Karim
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Dallas, TX
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Dallas, TX
Replied Sep 20 2022, 18:30

If you’re near immediate KC burbs, check out Penner Property Management as well. She does a great job with my rental.

User Stats

Votes
Craig Mitchelldyer
  • Portland, OR
Votes |
  • Portland, OR
Replied Sep 21 2022, 04:07

@Timothy Ng depending on the area of town…if north/Gladstone/liberty etc area I highly recommend Brent at Donley Carver. https://www.donleycarver.com