Managing Your Property

User Stats

Votes
Zach Sayre
Votes |
Property Management Experience

Zach Sayre
Posted Nov 5 2022, 08:29

I am a new and young investor looking to gain experience! I do not have a property yet. I am looking to learn how to manage a property. I would love to talk with anyone who might have connections in Bozeman/Belgrade area. I am very motivated and task oriented! Give me a call at (630) 991-7839.

User Stats

Votes
Nathan Gesner
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Cody, WY
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Cody, WY
ModeratorReplied Nov 6 2022, 03:38
Quote from @Zach Sayre:

I am a new and young investor looking to gain experience! I do not have a property yet. I am looking to learn how to manage a property. I would love to talk with anyone who might have connections in Bozeman/Belgrade area. I am very motivated and task oriented! Give me a call at (630) 991-7839.

I'm two hours south of you, manage 400 rentals in Cody. I have a friend that owns Sunlight Property Management in Laurel.

I've heard good things about "Managing Rental Properties" by Brandon Turner. I really like "Every Landlord's Legal Guide" by NOLO. Written by attorney investors, it's full of practical advice pertaining to management of investment property, has sample forms that can be edited, and - most importantly - they tell you what your primary state laws are and where you can read them. It's updated every year and is the best $40 you'll spend as a Landlord. There is one book for 49 states and a separate book for California.

• Property Manager Wyoming (#12599)

American West Realty & Management Logo

User Stats

Votes
Drew Sygit#2 Managing Your Property Contributor
  • Property Manager
  • Royal Oak, MI
Votes |
  • Property Manager
  • Royal Oak, MI
Replied Nov 6 2022, 06:14

@Zach Sayre there's a ton of info here on BP - you just have to make the effort to find it.

If you won't make an effort to educate yourself, don't see your investing future being successful.

BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Will Fraser
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Salt Lake City & Oklahoma City
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Salt Lake City & Oklahoma City
Replied Nov 6 2022, 18:38

IronHorse Property Management.  Them's the best I can imagine in the Bozeman market and I'd give owner Brian a shout and see if y'all would make a stellar team!

User Stats

Votes
Jim Beran
  • Investor
  • La Grange Park, IL
Votes |
  • Investor
  • La Grange Park, IL
Replied Nov 7 2022, 11:41

@Drew Sygit It looks to me like @Zach Sayre trying to network with local investors to learn some first hand experience.  I'd say reading books and forum posts will only get you so far.  The best expericence is real world experience.  

User Stats

Votes
  • Property Manager
  • Royal Oak, MI
Votes |
  • Property Manager
  • Royal Oak, MI
Replied Nov 7 2022, 13:56

We can hope:)