Votes |
Avoid working with Victor Valera

Andy Chen
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Los Angeles, CA
Posted Nov 10 2022, 10:47

Victor Valera
I hired Victor as my Property manager starting 2022. We had to part ways in September 2022 because he was "too busy".
My tenant sent him the October rent payment by money order. Victor has confirmed he has the check on Nov 1st. Today is Nov 10th, and he still did not send me the payment and has not responded. 

In July when it was time to get the lease renewed he also messed up on the renewal dates on the contract and was reluctant to get it amended with the tenant. He was also very bad at tracking the payments and management fees. All these lead to us parting ways and now he is holding my rent money and stopped communicating. 

YMMV but at least hear my warning.

User Stats

Votes
Nathan Gesner
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Cody, WY
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Cody, WY
ModeratorReplied Nov 11 2022, 04:44
Quote from @Andy Chen:

I'm sorry to hear about your experience.

Victor is a salesperson, which indicates he is working under a Broker. You can track that Broker down through the Commission website: https://www.mrec2.webapps.ms.g...

Contact the Broker. Let them know the situation and tell them you expect this to be resolved within five business days or you will file a complaint with the commission. You can contact the commission here: http://www.mrec.ms.gov/

Most licensees will fix the problem quickly because they do not want the state snooping around their files.

• Property Manager Wyoming (#12599)

American West Realty & Management Logo

User Stats

Votes
Andy Chen
Pro Member
  • Los Angeles, CA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Los Angeles, CA
Replied Nov 11 2022, 10:04

Thank you @Nathan Gesner for always contributing and sharing great and actionable solutions!

Rent To Retirement logo
Rent To Retirement
|
Sponsored
Turnkey Rentals 12+ States. SFR, MF & New Builds, High ROI! 5% down loan options. Access the BEST deals in the US in one place. Txt REI to 33777

User Stats

Votes
Replied Nov 23 2022, 06:39

@Andy Chen

Similar issue with him. Very disappointed

User Stats

Votes
Son D.
  • boston, ma
Votes |
  • boston, ma
Replied Mar 26 2023, 15:40

@Andy Chen Hey Andy. Have you found a better property management company in Jackson MS that you could refer? I am in need of one soon. Thank you.