Votes
Chris Porter
  • Chattanooga, TN
Votes |
Handyman for Investor Moving out of State

Chris Porter
  • Chattanooga, TN
Posted Nov 10 2022, 11:14

Hello everyone. My wife and I own a Triplex here in Anchorage. We found out we are pregnant and have decided to move back down to the lower 48 to be closer to family.

We're looking for a reliable handyman that we can have in our pocket in case something random comes up with one of the units (faulty appliances, plumbing, etc...). Typically I would handle these things myself as we live on-site currently (house hacking). Seeing that is no longer going to be possible, looking to get a little piece of mind by developing a relationship with someone that can handle things as they pop up. 

Anyone have any referrals?? 

User Stats

Votes
Sarita Scherpereel
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Chicago, IL
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Chicago, IL
Replied Nov 14 2022, 15:41

@Chris Porter Congratulations on your soon to be new addition. Finding a good handyman can be difficult. While you're looking for recommendations on BP. I've had a lot of success here in Chicago with taskrabbit. I'm not sure if they are in Anchorage but thought I'd mention it. In case this is helpful. While it's not necessarily a one shop stop for a handyman. I've found most of the people on this website to be well versed at several different areas. Best of luck! 

Sarita Sells Logo

User Stats

Votes
Tyler Cobb
  • Real Estate Agent
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
Replied Nov 14 2022, 17:03

Hey sir,

Congratulations on the pregnancy! I'm a local investor here in Anchorage and I'd go to @Chris S.with Overwatch Real estate management if you're looking for a property manager with a very reliable handyman. I've worked with a few but a lot of them overcharge and Chris was able to hook me up with someone that was very reliable.

Hope this helps!

Let me know if you have any questions!

BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Sarita Scherpereel
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Chicago, IL
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Chicago, IL
Replied Nov 14 2022, 17:11

@Chris Porter I was hoping that by posting this would give your initial post a boost! Hopefully, it will! 

Sarita Sells Logo