User Stats

Votes
Dan Grossman
Votes |
Commercial Space in-between tenants needs to not look abandoned

Dan Grossman
Posted Nov 22 2022, 03:03

Hello,

I have a big box commercial (retail) property located in the SOMA neighborhood in San Francisco, that is between tenants.  In other words, the old tenants left a week ago and the new tenants don't move in until mid-February.  SOMA is known for having TONS of homeless living in tent cities as well as lots of graffiti.  

The property is about 60,000 square feet total including a 20,000 sq/foot parking lot with two separate entrances and no fence surrounding it.  My problem is while there are no tenants occupying the space we need to prevent the building from being graffitied, people camping and living in the parking lot, and damaging the property in general.  We have boarded up the windows and are thinking of putting up a chain to prevent cars from entering either entrance into the parking lot but I am wondering if anyone has suggestions for how to protect the building while it is in transition?

Thanks for your attention,

Dan

User Stats

Votes
Chris Seveney
Pro Member
#1 All Forums Contributor
  • Investor
  • Virginia
Votes |
Pro Member
#1 All Forums Contributor
  • Investor
  • Virginia
Replied Nov 22 2022, 03:27

@Dan Grossman

Security cameras and Jersey barriers to block vehicles. Also a lot of lighting.

User Stats

Votes
Dan Grossman
Votes |
Replied Nov 22 2022, 13:48

Thanks Chris for the good ideas.  I forgot to mention there is lighting, but i will look into the jersey barriers.  

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes