• Mobile, AL
Votes |
RentRedi Software Questions.

Lamontis Gardner
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Mobile, AL
Posted Nov 22 2022, 07:15

I am looking to takeover my property management and trying to decide on a software to use. What has the experience been with RentRedi, and are there anymore softwares that you guys recommend? 

User Stats

Votes
Alicia Marks
Pro Member
  • Fort Worth, TX
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Fort Worth, TX
Replied Nov 22 2022, 08:10

I used Rentredi when I was self managing and found it easy to use. Additional bonus is that if you are a BiggerPockets Pro member you get Rentredi free!

User Stats

Votes
Nathan Gesner
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Cody, WY
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Cody, WY
ModeratorReplied Nov 23 2022, 05:07

As a PRO member you can get RentRedi for free (actually $1 to verify your account). Go to TOOLS then PROPERTY MANAGEMENT to sign up.

Software is a common question on BiggerPockets. Here are some things to consider:

1. Most investors don't need software until they have 5-10 rentals. All you need is a single place to track tenant information, payment history, maintenance, and a few other things. You can easily do this on a spreadsheet and it will take less time to track than it would to find and learn a new software. If the software is not simplifying your life or making you more accurate, you shouldn't use it.
  2. Software does have extremely helpful features like online payments, marketing syndication (click a button and your property is advertised on multiple sites), electronic document review/signing, maintenance tracking, and owner reports. But do you really need that for your one rental?
  3. There's no perfect software out there. Every system you try will have flaws or you'll salivate over a feature that shows up in other software.

Some common names you'll see thrown around a lot: Stessa, Apartments.com, RentRedi, TenantCloud, Innago, RentManager, Avail, Rentec Direct, Doorloop, etc.

I recommend you search for each of those apps online and see what they offer, how much they charge, etc. Make a simple spreadsheet or written list with the features of each and see which ones appeal to you most. Try to narrow it down to your top 3-4. Once you have a short list, get an account with each one and run them through the wringer to see how they really function. Do one task at a time in each app so you can compare apples to apples.

• Load a property with pictures and details.
  • Market that property.
  • See what your marketing looks like from the public's perspective.
  • Submit a fake application to see how easy the process is.
  • Run a credit/screening report on yourself.
  • Enter a maintenance request, assign a vendor, attach a fake invoice.
  • Enter charges to the tenant's ledger.
  • Enter recurring charges and automatic late fees.
  • Sign documents electronically.
  • Run owner reports.

After testing a few apps, one of them should stand out for you. Choose that one and use it. No system is perfect, so don't waste your time chasing after the next shiny object. You should only have to change when your current software has a flaw or lacking feature that is causing you to spend too much work on a work-around. Then you can consider researching and finding something that meets your needs better.

• Property Manager Wyoming (#12599)

American West Realty & Management Logo
BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Drew Sygit#2 Managing Your Property Contributor
  • Property Manager
  • Royal Oak, MI
Votes |
Drew Sygit#2 Managing Your Property Contributor
  • Property Manager
  • Royal Oak, MI
Replied Nov 23 2022, 13:32

Software is what you make of it.

DId you know someone once created a flight simulator in Excel?

User Stats

Votes
Eric Roenker
Pro Member
  • Carlsbad, CA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Carlsbad, CA
Replied Nov 30 2022, 10:56

Just started using RentRedi for our new rental property that we are renovating and expanding to 4 units.  Our front unit was ready to rent quickly and I just leased it up and received the first month's rent payment via the app.  In my view as a BP Pro, the direct deposit feature is worth switching to this platform from a manual setup.  I have another rental that I manage and the long term tenants pay with a money order each month.  Its true mailbox money that I need to deposit.  Hopefully, I can convince them to convert over to RentRedi also.

User Stats

Votes
Lamontis Gardner
Pro Member
  • Mobile, AL
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Mobile, AL
Replied Dec 5 2022, 09:51
Quote from @Alicia Marks:

I used Rentredi when I was self managing and found it easy to use. Additional bonus is that if you are a BiggerPockets Pro member you get Rentredi free!

What all sites were you able to list with? Was it fairly easy to list rentals with zillow?

User Stats

Votes
Alicia Marks
Pro Member
  • Fort Worth, TX
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Fort Worth, TX
Replied Dec 6 2022, 13:15
Quote from @Lamontis Gardner:
Quote from @Alicia Marks:

What all sites were you able to list with? Was it fairly easy to list rentals with zillow?

I didn't need to list on those sites, only my local facebook groups, which can be hit or miss.