Pro Member
  • Hermitage, PA
Votes |
RentRedi asking for copy of Deed?

Jeffrey Myers
Pro Member
  • Hermitage, PA
Posted Nov 22 2022, 15:41

Has anyone sent across a copy of their deed to RentRedi to verify you are the rightful rent collector? We received an email asking us to do just that and RentRedi confirmed that was correct and we are to send it to underwriter to verify. I am uncomfortable with doing that and wondered if anyone else here has done this?  I appreciate any feedback!

User Stats

Votes
Allan Smith
  • Developer
  • Nashville, TN
Votes |
  • Developer
  • Nashville, TN
Replied Nov 23 2022, 04:03

I agree that is weird and unnecessary just to collect rent, but at the same time the deed is a public document so I wouldn't be concerned about sending it.

User Stats

Votes
Nathan Gesner
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Cody, WY
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Cody, WY
ModeratorReplied Nov 23 2022, 04:58
Quote from @Jeffrey Myers:

Has anyone sent across a copy of their deed to RentRedi to verify you are the rightful rent collector? We received an email asking us to do just that and RentRedi confirmed that was correct and we are to send it to underwriter to verify. I am uncomfortable with doing that and wondered if anyone else here has done this?  I appreciate any feedback!

I've never heard of any software asking that, but I wish they would. I really wish AirBnB would require it, since there are so many scammers on that platform.

As Allan said, your ownership is public information so it shouldn't hurt anything.

• Property Manager Wyoming (#12599)

American West Realty & Management Logo
Rental Home Council logo
Rental Home Council
|
Sponsored
Advocating for Single-Family Rental Housing Drive rental policy change. Protect your investments with a National Rental Home Council membership.

User Stats

Votes
Jeffrey Myers
Pro Member
  • Hermitage, PA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Hermitage, PA
Replied Nov 23 2022, 06:08

Thank you all for the input.  Greatly appreciated!

User Stats

Votes
Bud Gaffney
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Boston, MA
Votes |
  • Boston, MA
Replied Nov 23 2022, 07:16

Wish this was standard everywhere! Scammers slow us down!

User Stats

Votes
Eric Roenker
Pro Member
  • Carlsbad, CA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Carlsbad, CA
Replied Nov 30 2022, 11:01

Hmm, they didn't ask for my deed when I signed up.  They must have some % they audit to verify ownership.  

User Stats

Votes
Jose Solis
Votes |
Replied Nov 30 2022, 14:08

Hey Jeffrey when you enter your bank account, if it does not automatically get verified that is when our underwriting team will reach out to you and ask for the deed of the property. It is asked for standard precautionary measures and protection for the users on the platform. Hope this helps!