Managing Your Property

User Stats

Votes
Jose Robles
Votes |
Issues with VRBO

Jose Robles
Posted Feb 5 2023, 07:55

Has anyone recently experienced issues with VRBO in regards to communication with reservation requests. When we first started in 2021 VRBO was great and accounted for 75.68% of our bookings (AirBnb = 24.32%). We noticed a significant drop in VRBO bookings ever since 2021 along with many issues in regards to communication with guests, inquiries, and reservation requests. Last year are numbers were: 37.78% vs 55.56% (VRBO vs AirBnB with the difference being direct bookings). This year its trending 22.22% vs 55.56%. I certainly prefer AirBnB over VRBO for the major difference in fees but I feel as if i'm loosing potential bookings due to the poor performance with VRBO. We like to screen our guests a bit before accepting so the aforementioned communication issues on VRBO have cost us quite a few bookings and Premiere Host status. We've contacted support several times and hey have been of no help. Something has to be up for our performance to drop so drastically and have the communication bugs since 2021. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

User Stats

Votes
Will Fraser
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Salt Lake City & Oklahoma City
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Salt Lake City & Oklahoma City
Replied Feb 6 2023, 06:46

Are you operating directly on each platform or do you use a Property Management Software designed for hosts?

We're usually about even between the two platforms from a total bookings standpoint, but from a revenue standpoint VRBO is blowing Airbnb away in our portfolio.  I suspect this is more about location than anything else, but that's what I see :)