Skip to content
Managing Your Property

User Stats

Votes
Jayden Parks
Pro Member
Votes |
RentRedi - Good for Owner Operators and Property Management Companies?

Jayden Parks
Pro Member
Posted Apr 24 2024, 16:55

Currently weighing options for a property management software. 

I am hearing RentRedi mentioned as a really good option. 

My understanding is that it is more geared towards owner operators. 

Has anyone used RentRedi as a property management company, managing someone else's properties? If so how did payouts work?

Thanks!

User Stats

Votes
Michael Smythe
Property Manager
#2 Managing Your Property Contributor
  • Property Manager
  • Metro Detroit
Votes |
Property Manager
#2 Managing Your Property Contributor
  • Property Manager
  • Metro Detroit
Replied Apr 25 2024, 02:57

@Jayden Parks not aware of any PMC using RentRedi for their operations.

Look at Buildium or Doorloop.

User Stats

Votes
Spencer Abeyta
  • Property Manager
  • Colorado Springs, CO
Votes |
  • Property Manager
  • Colorado Springs, CO
Replied May 1 2024, 10:18

We need to know how many units you manage. I know quite a few PMs who use Buildium and Appfolio. 

Buildium can accommodate under 50 units and I know companies that use it for 600 units.

Appfolio has a 50 unit minimum and it is the biggest player in SFR and small multifamily PM software. It has become so big that customer support is almost nonexistent unless you pay for the highest tier of pricing.

Rental Home Council logo
Rental Home Council
|
Sponsored
Advocating for Single-Family Rental Housing Drive rental policy change. Protect your investments with a National Rental Home Council membership.

User Stats

Votes
Jayden Parks
Pro Member
Votes |
Pro Member
Replied Jun 11 2024, 15:48
Quote from @Spencer Abeyta:

We need to know how many units you manage. I know quite a few PMs who use Buildium and Appfolio. 

Buildium can accommodate under 50 units and I know companies that use it for 600 units.

Appfolio has a 50 unit minimum and it is the biggest player in SFR and small multifamily PM software. It has become so big that customer support is almost nonexistent unless you pay for the highest tier of pricing.

I've used Appfolio in the past. Not a huge fan of the back end financials, but everything else seems to be solid. I've crossed RentRedi off the list as it truly is geared only for owner operators at this point. 

Will look further into Buildium. Thoughts on Yardi? 

User Stats

Votes
Jayden Parks
Pro Member
Votes |
Pro Member
Replied Jun 11 2024, 15:48
Quote from @Michael Smythe:

@Jayden Parks not aware of any PMC using RentRedi for their operations.

Look at Buildium or Doorloop.

Thanks for this. 

User Stats

Votes
Simon W.
Pro Member
  • Accountant
  • Lehigh Valley PA & New York City
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Accountant
  • Lehigh Valley PA & New York City
Replied Jun 11 2024, 20:25
Quote from @Jayden Parks:
Quote from @Spencer Abeyta:

I've used Appfolio in the past. Not a huge fan of the back end financials, but everything else seems to be solid. I've crossed RentRedi off the list as it truly is geared only for owner operators at this point. 

Will look further into Buildium. Thoughts on Yardi? 

Can you clarify what you mean by the back end financials? There are a few things that can improve, but overall the financial side seems fine.

Buildium is okay, but they are limited to what banks you can sync with.

I love Yardi Voyager 7s, but the down side of it is the lack of bank feed, it is nonexistent. It's very manual. It's been 5 years since I used a Yardi product so not sure if they updated that.

Not sure if you meant Yardi Breeze, I never even played with it.