• Hamilton, Ontario
Votes |
Evicting in Ontario - Need some help

Jacob Perez
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Hamilton, Ontario
Posted Aug 5 2017, 14:58

Hey everyone,

I recently bought a 4-plex. In the process inherited two sets of tenants. The one tenant is a woman with a couple children a few dogs, a cat etc (a real winner). Long story short I showed up on day 1 to collect rent and she claims her baby bonus didn't arrive etc etc. She paid what she could $500 & owes another $375. Its now 5 days overdue and nothing.

I was chatting with the former owner, who told me she was trying to evict her because she had a pet pig in the unit. Apparently made the place smell etc (only in real estate....). During this conversation we legitimately see her come out of the house and sneak this pig out to someones car who takes the pig away lol. So here's my scenario.

#1 - She is late on rent

#2 - She has a pig it seems in the premises which is illegal by our city by-law, & I saw it with my own eyes.

#3 - The former owner had actually given me a written document outlining every incident regarding this tenant, eviction notices due to her pig, and complaints from other tenants in the building about her having a pig.

Is this enough to win an eviction? How should I approach this.

Loading replies...