• Investor
  • Saint Nicolas, Québec
Votes |
Foundation issue century old quad.

Philippe Busque
  • Investor
  • Saint Nicolas, Québec
Posted Feb 18 2018, 05:00

Hello guys, I am under deep negotiation with the owner of a quad right now. I could actually pay his asking price if it wasnt of one issue I have no clue how dangerous could be. To get into context, this quad isn't on the market, but the owner did try to sell it before, previous "buyers" backed off after inspection.

Originally it was built the 1890, the interior of the building is actually very clean (I was very surprised), the issue is with the foundation. Here these old foundation are around 3feet wide of rocks and other materials I don't know the name of in english :P . It's also around 3 feet tall, with the snow around I coudln't get a good look at is beside the front of the property. There is a massive crack that runs all the way the rock is, water is not getting in because it evacuates very well and there's a little roof over it. These old foundation always have cracks but this one is biggg and I'm wondering if this could be the reason the old buyers backed off. It's also somewhar diagonale which I heard is a very bad sign.

Can anything be done to fix such a issue? Or will it come back 3 years after patching it? I'm afraid I won't be able to sell the building for retail value if it can't or isn't worth the effort to fix.

Loading replies...