Skip to content
Canadian Real Estate

User Stats

Votes
AJ Dhillon
Votes |
Good business income, no personal income - financing options?

AJ Dhillon
Posted May 11 2018, 11:59

Down Payment: $500k-1m (hoping to stretch this across the maximum # of properties as possible)

Business Income: 300-400k net profit (Only 1 year of history so far)

Personal Income: $5-10k a year

Personal credit: credit score is great, never had debt, but only have 1 credit card with minimal history

Target Property: Single Family Homes GTA West (no cash flow)

Experience: Father has been a real estate investor since the 80's, but no personal experience yet

Hey everyone, I was looking for some help on my financing options for getting into real estate. My situation is quite unique and I haven't been able to get much help on it. My main issue is I don't have much personal income or personal credit history and from what my banker told me this will be a problem in terms of getting financing for multiple single family homes. She did mention something about giving 35% down as a business owner for a personal residence, but I just wanted to make sure I explore all my options and use the right amount of leverage.

I don't want to be putting all my money just into one property, I'd rather invest my capital into multiple properties.

What would some of you do in my situation? Should I look outside the GTA and get some cash flow to improve my debt coverage ratios for the bank? Will the bank take that into consideration if the property is getting more rent than is needed to cover the expenses?

Loading replies...