• Calgary (Rental in Kihei Maui, HI)
Votes |
New Western Canadian to the Community

Bryan Waller
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Calgary (Rental in Kihei Maui, HI)
Posted Aug 8 2020, 21:41

Hello Folks,

I’ve been listening to the BP podcast for about a year and ploughing through the archives. I had a rental property years ago but sold it when kids were young and I didn’t want to deal with it.

I'm older and wiser now and doing the research and math to get back into it. I live in Calgary, but am hoping to move to BC in the next 3-10 years. Part of my motivation to consider REI is to get into a market I'd like to eventually move and retire too in the future.

I am very drawn to the south end of the Okanagan (we spend at least a week in Osoyoos every year for decades). I’m just starting to get info to determine if it can work for a buy and rent, and manage from a distance approach. I’d love to hear from people who have experience with this approach in the area from Kelowna to Osoyoos.

I’m also considering something closer to home to start. Calgary is in a weird real estate market at the moment with flips happening like crazy, but high unemployment making it feel risky as a place to invest in a rental. I’d l like to hear what others think of the potential for Alberta investments.

Thanks in advance.

Bryan

Loading replies...