Canadian Real Estate

User Stats

Votes
William Lee
Votes |
Investor in Montreal Quebec looking for references

William Lee
Posted Aug 28 2020, 21:38

Anyone have any referrals for good accountants, lawyers, fiscalists, property managers, real-estate brokers, notary ...etc. with great real estate investing experience?  Need advice on the best strategy as to a structure for 3 investors to buy multi-family rentals.  Corporation? Registered partnership?  The investors do not all have the same liquidity for investing so we would need a flexible structure that would not suck too much of the profitability from the investments.  Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated as it is very difficult to get Canadian points of view on most forums.  Cheers!

User Stats

Votes
Simon Kouperchand
  • New to Real Estate
  • Montreal, Canada
Votes |
  • New to Real Estate
  • Montreal, Canada
Replied Sep 22 2020, 06:35

Reading this does not make me want to share my contacts with you especially how you haven't provided any value to anyone.
Try reaching out to some bigger pockets members via messages and try to connect on a more sincere level. And honestly, you don't need to line up all your contacts before you get into a deal, it is wise but not necessary. Network and they will naturally come your way. My 2 cents.

User Stats

Votes
Replied Jan 18 2022, 05:46

Hi @William Lee

I’m in the same position… looking to rent out my house in Montréal and buy a duplex in Ontario. As the laws both from a taxation point and landlords rights are very different per province and obviously different from the US market it’s really difficult to find a good tax accountant who a) is used to working with investors and b) is allowed to practice in both provinces and c) understand the “gottya’s” and can guide you. 

If you’ve been able to find such a person I would appreciate if would would share some insights as to how you were able to find him/her and any recommendations. 

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Replied Jan 21 2022, 06:15
Originally posted by @Simon Kouperchand:

Reading this does not make me want to share my contacts with you especially how you haven't provided any value to anyone.
Try reaching out to some bigger pockets members via messages and try to connect on a more sincere level.

This was a bit harsh.