Skip to content
First-Time Home Buyer

User Stats

Votes
Billy Seol
Votes |
Purchasing with HELOC, how to send to escrow?

Billy Seol
Posted Jun 10 2022, 10:43

I'm about to purchase my first investment property fully funded with a HELOC. When I purchased my primary residence I had wired the required funds to an escrow account, but since this is my first time using a HELOC i'm not really sure how I can send the money to escrow. Do I mail them a check? or do I get the money to my banking account first and then wire that? Does anyone have experience in this area?

User Stats

Votes
Chris Choe
  • Lender
  • Maryland
Votes |
  • Lender
  • Maryland
Replied Jun 10 2022, 10:53

Billy, lender here. Good question. If you're not retaining any additional liens to obtain the property then all you'll need to do is cash the money into your bank account first then wire the funds to escrow. This would be considered a cash purchase essentially so your close time will be 2 weeks or less since you're just waiting for title to be completed unless you plan on pursuing an appraisal report as well.

User Stats

Votes
Jordan Murrell
  • Lender
  • Las Vegas, NV
Votes |
  • Lender
  • Las Vegas, NV
Replied Jun 10 2022, 11:26

Hi Billy,

Chris is correct. 

For reassurance, call the lender who you closed your HELOC with and confirm with them on how to distribute the funds from your LOC to title.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes