First-Time Home Buyer

User Stats

Votes
Reginald Silva
Votes |
looking for P&S agreement advice

Reginald Silva
Posted Jul 4 2022, 13:01

Finishing the book on real estate investing and making an offer on a property. Taking Brandon's advice and looking for P&S agreements other investors have used. Any agreements or advice?

User Stats

Votes
Scott Trench
Pro Member
  • President of BiggerPockets
  • Denver, CO
Votes |
Pro Member
  • President of BiggerPockets
  • Denver, CO
Replied Jul 4 2022, 13:04

I think that the best thing you can do here is connect with an investor friendly real estate agent in your local area. They will help you to make offers on properties and make this smooth and simple (vs overwhelming) for you. I'd use an agent on the first property or two, and then if you decide to represent yourself, consider getting your license! 

If you have trouble meeting agents, you can try the "Find an Agent" button at the top of your screen!

User Stats

Votes
Sergey A. Petrov
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Seattle, WA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Seattle, WA
Replied Jul 4 2022, 13:09

What @Scott Trench said especially on your first purchase. There is so much more to buying an investment property just having a template PSA. 

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Reginald Silva
Votes |
Replied Jul 5 2022, 09:02

Thanks. My real estate agent put something together for me. Appreciate the timely response.  

User Stats

Votes
Chris Seveney
Pro Member
#1 All Forums Contributor
  • Investor
  • Virginia
Votes |
Pro Member
#1 All Forums Contributor
  • Investor
  • Virginia
Replied Jul 5 2022, 09:14

I would also have an attorney in my back pocket to review it as well. While it is an added cost, they can think of things sometimes that you were not thinking of to make sure you are covered. For me, it typically takes 30-60 minutes to review an agreement so its an extra $150-$300 which is chump change when you consider the cost of the asset/property. 

User Stats

Votes
Wayne Brooks#1 Foreclosures Contributor
  • Real Estate Professional
  • West Palm Beach, FL
Votes |
  • Real Estate Professional
  • West Palm Beach, FL
Replied Jul 5 2022, 10:19

@Reginald Silva For mls properties, your agent has no choice…he has to use the state/regional realtor contract.  Of course, specific conditions can be added.