• Realtor
  • Atlanta, GA
Votes |
Looking to find a property to house-hack in the Houston area

Mehul Patel
  • Realtor
  • Atlanta, GA
Posted Jul 9 2022, 10:55

Hi everyone! Looking to purchase a property in Houston to house-hack. As I'm relatively new to the area, any advice on what areas are good to purchase in that have good/high rent rates and are appreciating well? Thank you for the help in advance!

User Stats

Votes
Ashlee Hutson
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Pearland, TX
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Pearland, TX
Replied Jul 9 2022, 19:51

Hi Mehul, Houston is extremely large, especially when you include the surrounding suburbs, and there are several areas that would fit what your looking for. Is there a certain area you would like to be closer to? I would suggest narrowing down, roughly, where you might like to live first. Could be as general as north or south Houston, Katy, Pearland, etc. 

User Stats

Votes
Matthew Rolf
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Katy TX
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Katy TX
Replied Jul 12 2022, 07:59

@Mehul Patel it really depends on what you are looking for, but in a very general sense...inside the loop and energy corridor area would be good for renting out to young professionals.  I live in Katy, and I believe it continues to be one of the best places to invest because of the exceptional schools.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Nancy Truong
  • Attorney
  • Houston
Votes |
  • Attorney
  • Houston
Replied Jul 17 2022, 17:29

There are several locations. Downtown, Memorial, properties along highway 10, Innerloop, Katy, Pearland, Cypress, Sugarland, Woodlands

User Stats

Votes
Holly Kaufman
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Houston, TX
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Houston, TX
Replied Jul 19 2022, 21:33

@Mehul Patel

I have house hacked three times (in four years). If you have any questions, I am happy to help

User Stats

Votes
Gerardo Jasso III
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Houston
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Houston
Replied Sep 7 2022, 13:44

Hey @Mehul Patel Currently house hacking right now, the area I would suggest to get into before the prices skyrocket is Eado (where I currently reside) everything is close by and the properties that are currently being listed aren't that expensive if you get in early, if you have any questions feel free to PM me!

User Stats

Votes
Robin Simon#1 Creative Real Estate Financing Contributor
  • Lender
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
Robin Simon#1 Creative Real Estate Financing Contributor
  • Lender
  • Austin, TX
Replied Sep 8 2022, 04:51

EaDo or the Heights would be great spots to house hack in Houston