Kayla Matthews
Pro Member
Votes |
Investors Huntsville AL

Kayla Matthews
Pro Member
Posted Jul 13 2022, 13:35

Hey!

I am a new investor here in Huntsville and I am looking to make connections with people who already or want to invest in real estate! I am looking for my first property. If there are any meetups or anybody who would to I am here for it.  Would love to meet other investors. 

User Stats

Votes
Andrew Garcia
  • Lender
  • Charlotte, NC
Votes |
  • Lender
  • Charlotte, NC
Replied Jul 14 2022, 07:57

Hi @Kayla Matthews, welcome to the community!

If you go to the "Network" tab at the top of the screen, you can type in "Huntsville, AL".

From there, you can connect with people in your local market.

Just remember, don't spam anyone as that is against community guidelines.

Hope this helps! Let me know if I can be of any assistance.

User Stats

Votes
Ethan Wilson
  • Investor
Votes |
  • Investor
Replied Jul 20 2022, 06:18

Welcome Kayla! Check out TN Valley REI and Madison County REIA for monthly meetups. Great chances to learn about investing here and meet plenty of people.

Steadily logo
Steadily
|
Sponsored
America’s best-rated landlord insurance nationwide Quotes online in minutes. Single-family, fix n’ flips, short-term rentals, and more. Great prices.

User Stats

Votes
River Sava#3 Classifieds Contributor
  • Lender
  • Charlotte, NC
Votes |
  • Lender
  • Charlotte, NC
Replied Jul 20 2022, 10:11

Hi Kayla! 

I am originally from Huntsville, but currently in TX with a private nationwide lender. I would love to connect and chat about how our product can help you build your portfolio! 

User Stats

Votes
Gorden Lopes
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Fremont, CA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Fremont, CA
Replied Jul 20 2022, 10:36

Hi @Kayla Matthews

Welcome to BP and Huntsville real estate investing! :) 

I am a out of state investor and have been investing in Huntsville for the past 4-5 years. Hsv is a great market with a huge upside potential. Madison County REIA has a very active FB page and also they have monthly meetups.

Many investors and realtors are active here on the BP forums. @Michael S. is local and is very active here on BP. 

Happy to answer any question that you may have. 

Regards,

Gorden

User Stats

Votes
Caleb Bryant
  • Huntsville, AL
Votes |
  • Huntsville, AL
Replied Jul 20 2022, 12:04

Welcome @Kayla Matthews. I've been investing in Huntsville for 6+ years now, you've picked a great area! MCREIA and TVREI have both been mentioned above but there is also another meeting that happens at bridge street in the mornings at Cafe 153. I believe the details are on Meetup .com. If you have any questions about investing here, feel free to reach out

User Stats

Votes
Michael S.
  • Huntsville, AL
Votes |
  • Huntsville, AL
Replied Jul 23 2022, 18:04

Hi @Kayla Matthews.  Thanks to @Gorden Lopes for the mention.

I've lived here for over 15 years, but started doing REI in 2017.

The market here can be tough at times to get the numbers to work, especially in A neighborhoods.  

A lot of the local Huntsville BP posters here, as well as the OOS investors in Huntsville, post good intel and insights on BP that I'd recommend doing a search for, and reviewing their posts for further education on the market here.  

While networking is important, make sure you have your finances ready to go should an opportunity present itself.  

Good luck!

User Stats

Votes
Replied Jul 24 2022, 09:11

Hello @Kayla Matthews. I just moved to HSV from Colorado. I am currently an Engineer employed in the Aerospace Industry and would love to connect with you and exchange some RE knowledge. Feel free to send me an IM.

User Stats

Votes
Chris Mignone
  • Investor
  • East Islip, NY
Votes |
  • Investor
  • East Islip, NY
Replied Aug 1 2022, 18:46

@Kayla Matthews congrats on getting started! I’ve purchased 12 off market properties in Huntsville this year through my marketing efforts. I’d be happy to help you in any way I can!

User Stats

Votes
Replied Sep 7 2022, 19:31

Hi @Kayla Matthews! I grew up here, moved away for a few years and now I’m back. I am just starting out with planning to invest here too. Let me know if you want to talk! Maybe we can help each other out!