First-Time Home Buyer

User Stats

Votes
Endory Neves
Votes |
Looking for Realtor/Investor to Start out this Journey

Endory Neves
Posted Aug 7 2022, 17:23

Hey guys I’m looking for a Realtor/Investor to help me locate a good first investment home. I work in the auto industry so I’m usually traveling a lot around the country and want to wet my toes in a few markets. I’m looking to start out in El Paso, Austin or Dallas area. Possibly on my first investment start out home hacking since I’m usually only home for 4months of the year. I appreciate anyone that can lead me in a direction. Thanks 

User Stats

Votes
Jordan Moorhead
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Austin, TX
Replied Aug 7 2022, 18:54

@Endory Neves we help lots of clients in Austin but I'd focus on figuring out what you're looking for and where you want to live before you get into it too much. Where do you want to spend these 4 months?

The Moorhead Team Logo

User Stats

Votes
Endory Neves
Votes |
Replied Aug 7 2022, 19:03

We’ve narrowed it down to El Paso to live for sure since our best friends love there! Let me know if you also work in that city! Thanks 

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Adam F.
  • Realtor
  • El Paso, TX
Votes |
  • Realtor
  • El Paso, TX
Replied Aug 7 2022, 19:12

Hi Endory,

I am a Realtor/Investor here in El Paso. I’d love to have a chance to talk and understand your goals and time horizon. 

Shoot me an email and we can figure out the best way to link up.

Take care! 
Adam

User Stats

Votes
Endory Neves
Votes |
Replied Aug 8 2022, 06:43

I’m sorry I made a noob mistake. I wrote El Paso but I really meant SAN ANTONIO. So we’ve narrowed it down to SAN ANTONIO as the start of this journey into real estate. 

User Stats

Votes
Loren Polito
  • Real Estate Agent
  • San Antonio, TX
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • San Antonio, TX
Replied Aug 8 2022, 07:18

@Endory Neves

San Antonio is a great market to invest in. Are looking at multifamily or single family properties? I invest myself in San Antonio and I am also a multifamily agent. Please let me know if you have any questions on the multifamily side or have questions about good neighborhoods to invest in throughout the San Antonio area.

User Stats

Votes
Endory Neves
Votes |
Replied Aug 8 2022, 08:57

Thanks for the reply Loren! I think that in my scenario a multi family would work best for us since we’re only going to stay at the residence for about 4months out of the year and we can rent out the remaining areas. But we are open to both and potentially house hacking in case we can’t find a multi family home that numbers wise would make sense for us! 

User Stats

Votes
Endory Neves
Votes |
Replied Aug 8 2022, 09:00

@Loren Polito

This is my first time actually using the bigger pockets forum so I’m not sure if we are allowed to exchange contacts on here. But I’d love the opportunity to talk with you about San Antonio and potential investment opportunities there. Thanks  

User Stats

Votes
David Sandvig
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Austin, TX
Replied Aug 9 2022, 08:08

Welcome @Endory Neves!

I'm an agent in Austin, but I can put you in touch with an agent from my brokerage in El Paso (or Dallas).  Good luck, investing can be a lot of fun!

User Stats

Votes
Dave Skow
  • Lender
  • Seattle, WA
Votes |
  • Lender
  • Seattle, WA
Replied Aug 9 2022, 15:12

@Endory Neves- 1) if you havent  already done so -  make sure you  are formally  pre approved for the  financing you  might need ...this is  really   crucial  as  without this in place - locating an  agent and  locating a  home  wont be  viable ...2) if you are formally  pre approved - then you are  on the  right rack trying to  get soem  contacts in the areas you are interested in 

User Stats

Votes
Endory Neves
Votes |
Replied Aug 10 2022, 12:07

I appreciate all the helpful information all of you have provided. 

User Stats

Votes
Mike Scaccia
Pro Member
Votes |
Pro Member
Replied Aug 10 2022, 12:56

@Endory Neves 

Congrats on making the jump to house hacking, thats truly a recipe for sucess and a great way to get started in RE investing.

I am a mortgage lender in Chicago but lived all over Texas and have quite a bit of business in various cities around the state. 

My real estate investing portfolio started with a 4 unit apartment building that i purchased for 3.5% down, and rented out the reamining three units.

The mortgage pays itself, and we seen a nice return every month! If you have any questions on your financing options i'd love to be a resource for you.

Feel free to reach out at any point if you have questions!

Cheers,

User Stats

Votes
Wale Lawal
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Houston | Dallas | Austin, TX
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Houston | Dallas | Austin, TX
Replied Aug 11 2022, 14:13

@Endory Neves

I recommend you consider Houston, TX!

I personally have rentals here in Houston, the cash-on-cash return and appreciation are steady.

You need a team of local professionals like property managers, contractors, agents etc.

A local Investor-Agent can help shorten your learning curve and save you a lot of headaches as they tend to understand the market better.

You should select a market that will meet your investment goals.

Here are four key reasons why investors purchase rental property out of state:

• Invest in geographic areas with population and job growth is strong.
  • Diversify a rental property portfolio with markets that best match your investment strategy.
  • Focus on the type of returns you’re looking for, such as maximum cash flow, high appreciation, or total yield over the targeted holding period.
  • Operating expenses are lower in markets with fewer regulations, lower property taxes, and landlord-friendly laws.

Finally, as mentioned earlier, it's crucial to build a great network of professionals to help you and to occasionally visit your property yourself.

All the best!

User Stats

Votes
Eliott Elias#3 BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat Contributor
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
Eliott Elias#3 BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat Contributor
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Replied Oct 9 2022, 09:32

If you ever need anything in Austin or Bell county happy to help! 

User Stats

Votes
Mo Karim
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Dallas, TX
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Dallas, TX
Replied Oct 10 2022, 06:17

Dallas is an awesome area to invest in. Happy to help!

User Stats

Votes
Yessica Samano Pena
  • Real Estate Agent
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
Replied Oct 11 2022, 08:58

@Endory Neves 

I am a realtor based in Dallas and have helped out of state investors purchase a property here. Dallas market continues to grow and the market has changed to a buyers market so there's plenty of room to negotiate as of today. I am happy to help!