• Rental Property Investor
  • Brentwood, CA
Votes |
Investing out of state

Marcus Carr
  • Brentwood, CA
Posted Oct 19 2022, 08:23

Hello I was looking to invest in the Milwaukee, Wisconsin area because I live in California and was hoping there if anyone knew any management companies that have experience with out of state people

User Stats

Votes
Bryce Hammill
  • Investor
  • Torrance, Ca
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Torrance, Ca
Replied Oct 19 2022, 08:33

Check with your Realtor and see if they have any recommendations. Don't forget to interview a few as not all management companies are the same. 

User Stats

Votes
Marcus Auerbach
  • Investor and Real Estate Agent
  • Milwaukee - Mequon, WI
Votes |
  • Investor and Real Estate Agent
  • Milwaukee - Mequon, WI
Replied Oct 19 2022, 14:41

We know most of them I think, but not every good PM is a fit for every property type and location, so it depends what you want to have managed.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Ryan Leonard
  • Investor
  • Milwaukee
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Milwaukee
Replied Oct 19 2022, 14:44

Hi Marcus - what type of property are you thinking of investing in and do you have an idea of where in Milwaukee? The reason I ask is that certain management companies only cover certain areas and types of property. 

User Stats

Votes
Dave Skow
  • Lender
  • Seattle, WA
Votes |
  • Lender
  • Seattle, WA
Replied Oct 19 2022, 15:39

@Marcus Carr-  if you would like a  referal to a  loan person IN WI - let me know as I am happy to refer one or two 

User Stats

Votes
Corina Eufinger
  • Oconomowoc, WI
Votes |
  • Oconomowoc, WI
Replied Nov 1 2022, 13:13

@Marcus Carr, when you are looking to invest from a distance you need to build a team that makes sense for you and how you like to do business.  Just because someone is recommended as working well with OOS investors, doesn't mean they will work well for you.  Since you aren't going to be there in person you need to find someone who's easy for you to talk to and have a similar communication style.  They should be someone you feel at ease communicating with.  Just because they come recommended doesn't mean they should be your first choice as an OOS.  

User Stats

Votes
Aj Parikh
  • Centreville, VA
Votes |
  • Centreville, VA
Replied Nov 2 2022, 10:49

Hi Marcus, if you are not set on Milwaukee, I wanted to see if you are interested in investing in Cleveland. I would love to connect and discuss how you can get started with out of state investing in Cleveland. Feel free to reach out.