Votes
Naga P.
  • Santa Clara, CA
Votes |
Real Estate Buying advisor

Naga P.
  • Santa Clara, CA
Posted Nov 19 2022, 14:06

Newbie alert! Can I employ some sort of a personal advisor to understand if I should buy a house or not? Like if I share my goals, the cost of the house, location, etc can they tell me if its good or not?

User Stats

Votes
Olivia Radziszewski
  • Realtor
  • Chicago, IL
Votes |
  • Realtor
  • Chicago, IL
Replied Nov 20 2022, 05:05

@Naga P.- Hi! Perhaps someone will bite on this. I wanted to jump in and mention that every property will feel scary to buy and you will not be sure if it is, "good or not." That is why not everybody makes it in real estate. To buy a house in general I think is always a good idea. Find a great real estate agent to help guide you to the right purchase and build a network to support you for when you are feeling scared or unsure. Good luck!

User Stats

Votes
Naga P.
  • Santa Clara, CA
Votes |
  • Santa Clara, CA
Replied Dec 4 2022, 00:28
Quote from @Olivia Radziszewski:

@Naga P.- Hi! Perhaps someone will bite on this. I wanted to jump in and mention that every property will feel scary to buy and you will not be sure if it is, "good or not." That is why not everybody makes it in real estate. To buy a house in general I think is always a good idea. Find a great real estate agent to help guide you to the right purchase and build a network to support you for when you are feeling scared or unsure. Good luck!

The problem with this is, the agent is always going to say its good to buy a house since he/she shares a vested interest in the commission they make. What I think I am looking for is a consultant of some sort. Does a profession like a "certified real estate planner" exist?
BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Ramsin Jacob
  • Realtor
  • San Jose, CA
Votes |
  • Realtor
  • San Jose, CA
Replied Jan 9 2023, 02:20

No such thing.  Agents get paid when a deal closes.  But if you have some basic questions, reach out and I'll help when I have some time.  Agents are the consultants, that's the job, to advise, manage and negotiate.