BPCON

User Stats

Votes
Dawn Grimshaw
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Omaha, NE
Votes |
Who is going to BPCON that invests in storage facitilites?

Dawn Grimshaw
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Omaha, NE
Posted Sep 28 2022, 15:48

Who will be in San Diego for BPCON that invests in storage and would be willing to let me pick your brain? I will buy drinks or feed you! 

User Stats

Votes
William Spekhardt
  • Investor
  • San Diego, CA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • San Diego, CA
Replied Sep 29 2022, 20:28

Good afternoon Dawn.  My team and I are just starting to look into storage facilities now.  We haven't acquired anything but have been doing a ton of research and getting ready to execute soon.

User Stats

Votes
Tim Davis
  • Investor
  • Carson City, NV
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Carson City, NV
Replied Sep 29 2022, 20:55

Hi Dawn,

My wife and I have been working on building a 120 unit storage facility in Northern NV for the last year. The 1.6 acres was gifted to us and we will eventually inherit a 110 unit facility next to our lot. We have Civil plans completed and working with Mako Steel to construct. It’s consists of five buildings with 4 exterior entry and 1 interior entry. We do have a great concept in mind which will change the game in our location. Were designing and building climate controlled exterior entry units. How were designing is even cooler. Our biggest hurdle which is beyond frustrating is completing a 40’ lot line adjustment and cross access easement. We can’t complete financing until this is done although at this point we are probably going to aim for partnering or private funding. It sounds like it’s finally moving through the city council.
We won’t be at BPCON but contact me anytime to discuss what we’re doing as it may help and give you some ideas. Here is our general concept….minus the trees. We’re in the desert. We wish we had trees like this. :)

Cheers

Tim & Maci

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Dawn Grimshaw
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Omaha, NE
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Omaha, NE
Replied Sep 29 2022, 21:25
Quote from @William Spekhardt:

Good afternoon Dawn.  My team and I are just starting to look into storage facilities now.  We haven't acquired anything but have been doing a ton of research and getting ready to execute soon.

Are you going to BPCON? I'd love to get a few people together that are doing it or close to doing it like we are to discuss!

User Stats

Votes
Dawn Grimshaw
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Omaha, NE
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Omaha, NE
Replied Sep 29 2022, 21:27
Quote from @Tim Davis:

Hi Dawn,

My wife and I have been working on building a 120 unit storage facility in Northern NV for the last year. The 1.6 acres was gifted to us and we will eventually inherit a 110 unit facility next to our lot. We have Civil plans completed and working with Mako Steel to construct. It’s consists of five buildings with 4 exterior entry and 1 interior entry. We do have a great concept in mind which will change the game in our location. Were designing and building climate controlled exterior entry units. How were designing is even cooler. Our biggest hurdle which is beyond frustrating is completing a 40’ lot line adjustment and cross access easement. We can’t complete financing until this is done although at this point we are probably going to aim for partnering or private funding. It sounds like it’s finally moving through the city council.
We won’t be at BPCON but contact me anytime to discuss what we’re doing as it may help and give you some ideas. Here is our general concept….minus the trees. We’re in the desert. We wish we had trees like this. :)

Cheers

Tim & Maci

I will email you and see if we can connect!

User Stats

Votes
William Spekhardt
  • Investor
  • San Diego, CA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • San Diego, CA
Replied Sep 29 2022, 22:01
Quote from @Dawn Grimshaw:
Quote from @William Spekhardt:

Are you going to BPCON? I'd love to get a few people together that are doing it or close to doing it like we are to discuss!

Yes I will be there! 619-717-1299

User Stats

Votes
Dawn Grimshaw
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Omaha, NE
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Omaha, NE
Replied Sep 29 2022, 22:03

Awesome! I will reach out, I am a Realtor and investor in houses and apartments too so we'll probably have lots to talk about!