HOA trustee wont respond or provide contact info

3 Replies

I recently bought this condo in MA. I have managed to get the contact of one trustee (email). But she won't respond or provide a phone number or other trustee's contact info after several attempts. I need no HOA dues on my investment properties to get my home refinanced. I actually paid HOA fees in advance till end of this year. What can I do? Where can I get information about other trustee?

Ask the bank or the property manager that collects the dues. You can also request this information from the board as it's your right, but since they aren't responding, document it and report to the town. 

you can also provide proof of payment from your end as well and provide evidence you made the request and they haven't been responding. 

last option, get an attorney to send a letter and then lawsuit since their negligence is preventing you from refinancing and save money. 

As an aside...getting them to waive or demonstrate that you don't have any HOA fues currently due will not help you qualify for the refi any more than you already do. Your DTI or obligations calc that they are doing as part of your refi will still take into account those dues since they will at some point start again.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you