Where to find HOA fees

4 Replies

Hi everyone,

Where is the best place to find the fees for an HOA? Do I have to contact someone running the complex, or is there somewhere online I can look them up? I'm trying to do some deal analysis, and don't want to fully trust the Realtor/Zillow numbers. I've also had some trouble finding them on the websites for the individual complexes.

Also, is there a place to see a breakdown of the fee and what is covered? I know some cover things like water, electric, garbage, etc while some don't. 

I was always shut off to the idea of using a condo for my first house hack, but I have done some research into and think it could be a viable option as long as I find one the suits my needs and will allow me to make the changes I want.

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Contact the company that manages the HOA, they will be able to provide you with that information. be specific to the home, model, sqft of the home you are trying to buy because HOA fees can vary from home to home in the same building or development.

you also want to check to see if there are any immediate increases coming to the HOA or any assessments forthcoming,

@Cole Britting If you have a hard time figuring out who manages a particular HOA you can ask title companies. They usually keep pretty good records of who to contact because they need that info to finalize settlement sheets.

Originally posted by @Teri Feeney Styers :

@Cole Britting If you have a hard time figuring out who manages a particular HOA you can ask title companies. They usually keep pretty good records of who to contact because they need that info to finalize settlement sheets.

I never would have thought of that, thank you!

Originally posted by @Nitin John Abraham :

Contact the company that manages the HOA, they will be able to provide you with that information. be specific to the home, model, sqft of the home you are trying to buy because HOA fees can vary from home to home in the same building or development.

you also want to check to see if there are any immediate increases coming to the HOA or any assessments forthcoming,

Thank you!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you