New to real estate investing and looking for advice.

3 Replies

Hello everybody! Im currently in the military and we be getting out soon (about a year) and i've resently become interested in real estate investing and plan on really getting started when i get out of the military. Ive read several books and listen to podcast and research online, but everything still seems so confusing and I've leaned so much new real estate terminology its hard to keep up with what everything means.. I still have a lot to learn. 

Nice to meet you, Brian.

I work really good in a situation where I set my mind on a simple goal. Once I achieve that, I look around at how I can do the next thing. 

What is the simplest transaction that you can do that makes sense to your investing strategy?

@Account Closed  Thank you for your service!!!

I work for a very investor friendly title company in Orlando, FL. About 90% of my business is for investors. If you ever need someone to throw questions at or need help with anything please let me know. Its good that you read a lot. Rich people buy books, poor people buy flat screens.

@Brian Meador   

Hey Brian...you need to get ready to invest as much time as possible into building relationships with seasoned investors as that is where you'll learn the business. There are a number of MeetUps and investing clubs and those would be a good start for you. Also, consider partnering with investors so you can learn from real world deals as they get negotiated and closed. I'd be happy to partner if you find the need...just reach out to me. 

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here