New to real estate investing.

2 Replies

Hello everybody! Im currently in the military and we be getting out soon (about a year) and i've resently become interested in real estate investing and plan on really getting started when i get out of the military. Ive read several books and listen to podcast and research online, but everything still seems so confusing and I've leaned so much new real estate terminology its hard to keep up with what everything means.. I still have a lot to learn, any advice? 

Hi Brian,

Welcome to BP and thank you for your service! 

Yes, it can all be very confusing and there's a lot to learn and you'll be learning for years to come, I know I still am.

If you haven't already I would recommend reading the Ultimate Beginner's Guide www.biggerpockets.com/ubg. My next recommendation would be to find a local real estate investment club in your area and start attending. Not only will that help you with your education but will also start helping you build your network which is just as important. 

Best of luck!

Eric Black

Welcome to Biggerpockets!

My husband is active duty Navy! We have done very well investing in this life style!

You found the place to be! You will find no better place to build a solid platform than bigger pockets. The one thing we all agree up on is that we invest in real estate. Beyond that everyone is different.

The key is not get stuck on analysis paralysis! We have found slow and steady has made us very successful. Babysteps are key :) 

I highly recommend you also check out- the blogs, forums and listen to the podcasts. If you see a post you enjoy check out the persons signature. As many of us have created resources around our niche (websites, blogs, etc) so checking out the signature is a great to get more information. Make sure you don't miss out on networking is by filling out your signature, profile and pming people with questions.

Look forward to seeing you around!

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here