I wonder if this is one of the reasons Josh Dorkin doesn't care for HOA'S?

8 Replies

That is a sad story. I have my share of HOA issues as well. I can't wait to get rid of my properties that have an HOA

415-779-2155

I deal with HOA boards for a living and I'm not even sure "sad" is the right term here. I would go as far as to call this pathetic.

I've got a feeling this thing is about someone having some kind of personal vendetta.

That being said, I wouldn't go near a HOA property unless I got it really really really cheap and thought I could turn it over fast. I value my privacy and freedom way too much for that kind of BS.

Originally posted by @Marc M. :

I deal with HOA boards for a living and I'm not even sure "sad" is the right term here. I would go as far as to call this pathetic.

I agree it is ridiculous.  I didn't watch the video, but I did notice the neighbor in the picture has a very similar truck in terms of size.

The only explanation I can possibly think of is that there is some personal vendetta, and someone is abusing their position in the HOA.

My brother in law owns and lives in a condo complex in which you're not allowed to park in your driveway overnight. Your car has to be parked in your garage or in a parking stall. Some of the residents don't like the look of parked vehicles in a driveway. Crazy, I would never live there just for that reason.

I live in a condo community and checked out the CC&R's before I committed to buying. It says that you are supposed to park in your garage and that you need to maintain it in a way that allows for the parking of both vehicles. It doesn't say anything about parking on your driveway so I believe that I'm in the clear. I feel reassured because most people park in their driveways and it's never been issue. IMO, things like this never SHOULD be an issue but that's the point of this post....

I plan on getting on the board not because I want or need power. I want to be on the board to prevent or block the knuckleheads that try to ruin it for everyone else.

This must definitely be the case of the owner of the truck pissed off the head of the HOA board, and they got nothing else on him!

HOA here in NV can foreclosure on your property and you lose the title without any redemption. I kind of agree with who do not care about HOA. They are a waist of your rights and time...

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.